Community Health and Dental Care (CHDC) is a non-profit community health center located in Pottstown, PA. We provide the highest quality health and dental care for our patient by utilizing the latest standards and most advanced technology in a professional atmosphere.
Clinical Officer Responsibilites
- Provides oversight and supervision for Clinical Services department directors:
- Behavioral Health
- Physical Therapy
- Assists the CMO with filling Clinical Services department director vacancies.
- Assists in developing the clinical policies for the Clinical Services departments.
- Recommends clinical objectives and participates in the designation of priority objectives for the health center with reference to implementation of Clinical Services plans.
- Assists in the development of the Clinical Services department budgets, including staffing, support plan, and equipment needs projections.
- May represent the corporation in community organization activities.
- Develops, recommends, and conducts special studies of health needs and priorities, interprets clinical data.
- Institutes and manages continuing professional education, in-service training, and orientation of Clinical Services staff.
- Serves and/or assists as a primary rater (or review officer where additional levels of supervision exist) for all Clinical Services personnel evaluations; recommends or participates in final determination of disciplinary actions and terminations as well as nomination of individuals for awards.
- Represents Clinical Services in health center administrative meetings.
- Assists in the presentation of reports on health and quality assurance issues to the Board of Directors at the direction of the CMO or CEO.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer, including Microsoft Office Suite and electronic medical record.
- Confidentiality – Maintain patient and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
- Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful, and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
- Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
- Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- BSN required; Full unrestricted RN license in the State of Pennsylvania.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a clinical, academic, or administrative leadership position.
- Have a strong community health/public health orientation and be experienced in patient care management.
- Attendance required at assigned CHDC site(s).