ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn’t just somewhere to work – it’s a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
The ViiV NAMA Medical Director serves as an internal scientific/medical expert in the therapeutic area and on a specific ViiV product. This individual will be leading the product specific medical plan by aligning internal and external scientific communications across a range of external (HCPs including KOLs and speakers, payers, patients) and internal (global, medical information, commercial, legal, regulatory, compliance etc.) stakeholders. The Medical Director will have supported products at different stages of their life cycle and will therefore have a breadth of experience of different opportunities and challenges
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of a product specific medical strategy spanning across the lifecycle of a product from pre-launch through commercialization, including but not limited to:
- Providing scientific and medical expertise for a ViiV product in the US, including calling out specific unmet medical needs, key data gaps and opportunities to engage with key stakeholders
- Developing, reviewing, and delivering medical/scientific content
- Training of internal stakeholders and speaker’s bureau on medical/scientific issues
- Collaborating with Copy Approval, payer, patient, research, HEOR teams to ensure execution of medical plan and tactics
- Providing medical/scientific advice and support for a product by working closely with internal functions (such as commercial, compliance, legal etc.)
- Collaborating with Medical Information Scientists to assure letters and other materials are accurate, balanced and useful to HCPs. Anticipates queries that may arise with new product launches and new data launches
- Collaborate with product global medical affairs team and/or commercial teams to provide regional unmet need, assessment of investigator-initiated studies, data gaps, landscape perspective and input into plans, and provide as needed support in global and/or regional commercial initiatives.
- Doctoral level degree with preferred focus in Infectious disease, Virology, immunology, HIV
- Minimum 2 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrate excellent communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills, particularly with complex clinical data; ability to influence peers and others in organization
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities and projects
- Self-starter and takes initiative to propose solutions to problems
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Strong customer orientation/focus
- Ability to flex and act in ambiguous situations with minimal guidance/direction
- Ability to effectively work in a multidisciplinary team; cultivate collaborative working relationships between global Medical Affairs and cross-functional team members
- Strong business acumen: knows the industry, key competitors, marketplace factors/dynamics
- Requires business travel for regular internal and external business meetings
- MD, PharmD
- Experience providing care to patients with HIV
- Previous interactions with US based KOL, HCPs, Regulatory agencies, and/or academic institutions