At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions to complex problems. We’re empowered to influence change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community and each other.
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we’re eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the world. We’ve got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
Emory Healthcare seeks an innovative, progress-driven leader to serve as the Vice President, Radiology.
- The Vice President of Radiology serves as the management lead of Imaging Services throughout EHC and encompasses system-wide responsibilities and coordination.
- This position reports dually to the EHC Hospital Group President and EHC Chief of Radiology/School of Medicine Chair of Radiology and Imaging Sciences.
- These two leaders will have input on the individual's annual performance evaluation.
- The position collaborates closely with the executive leaders across EHC including hospital and professional group practice executive teams as well as other departmental leadership.
- In addition, the position entails oversight and coordination of the Imaging Services site directors across operating units, and supervisory responsibility of the staff dyad partners for the physician leadership of the department's Quality and Informatics programs.
- The position works closely with the Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences' Senior Administrator who leads administration for the Physician Group Practice and School of Medicine to ensure optimization of physician and other professional provider imaging care delivery throughout EHC.
- The Vice President of Radiology also serves as a member of the Department of Radiology's Executive Committee.
- The ideal candidate will be a seasoned healthcare professional with strong business acumen, interpersonal, and change management skills who can lead ongoing growth efforts across EHC and within the Department of Radiology & Imaging Sciences and serve as an operational and strategic advisor to the Hospital Group President and Radiology Department Chair.
- Successful candidates will have a track record of progressive management responsibilities and demonstrated leadership within an academic radiology department, or other department that is similar in size and complexity.
- Central to this will be the ability to grasp the key financial, business and employee performance objectives of radiology and imaging sciences while participating with multiple stakeholders across the Emory enterprise to achieve expected outcomes.
- An understanding and appreciation of the intersection among the clinical, teaching and research missions is essential.
- Very strong financial management skills and in-depth knowledge of radiology equipment, technology, and software are crucial.
- Department Administration Develop and oversee implementation of strategies to optimize operational efficiency and productivity within Radiology.
- Share responsibility with the Chair for managing and directing administrative aspects of department's clinical strategic and operational initiatives and other business activities.
- Hospital Administration In conjunction with the department Chair and EHC leadership, collegially and consistently provide high quality management of the clinical operations of the department/section in EHC clinical sites.
- In conjunction with Directors of Radiology, ensure staffing and administration of outpatient, inpatient, ambulatory, hospital, satellite, consultative and other associated activities. Oversee managing and coordinating facilities, environment, safety, purchasing, equipment, and supply activities.
- Financial Management in partnership with EHC finance leadership, help develop appropriate execution of operational budgets related to imaging services in areas staffed by Radiology.
- Work with the revenue cycle teams (Precertification, Access, and Patient Financial Services, etc.) to ensure appropriate policies are executed consistently with the Radiology operational teams.
- Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance Management Understand the fiscal and regulatory policies and procedures that govern healthcare settings.
- Work with EHC compliance officers and administration on implementing, monitoring, and auditing compliance programs and records.
- Planning Assist the Hospital Group President and Chair in developing comprehensive, long-range, and short-term strategic plans for the clinical and administrative functions of the department/section and across sites that utilize imaging resources, as appropriate.
- Collaborate in the creation and implementation of clinical marketing.
- Work with Department and EHC leadership to develop and oversee strategic partnerships with healthcare vendors for equipment and service purchasing.
- Facilities/Environment/Safety Management Serve with Chair as a liaison to EHC authorities in the operational aspects of physical plant development and management, construction, renovation, therapeutic/diagnostic technology implementation, procurement, and related activities in department/section operations.
- Information Technology and Quality Management Assess, strategically plan for, and budget for the information technology and quality programs, support and resources required for department administration and its clinical, research and teaching programs.
- Ensure adequate staff IT training and provide opportunities for faculty IT training for development and operational activities.
- Ten years of professional business or management experience which includes at least five years in a clinical or healthcare environment.
- Experience in a multi-hospital system or a complex healthcare system, in an academic setting, and experience working within Radiology is preferred.
- A record of outstanding achievement in business management practices including human resources (team building, staff development), fiscal management, cost control, marketing, change management, performance improvement and planning.