Mission of Organization
As the leader for the specialty of preventive medicine and physicians dedicated to prevention, ACPM improves the health of individuals and populations through evidence-based health promotion, disease prevention, and systems-based approaches to improving health and health care.
Public health and health systems value the leadership role of preventive medicine to
promote healthy lifestyles and population health.
The mission of ACPM is to represent and support preventive medicine physicians
in their role as public health and health systems leaders.
The Vice President—Programs & Education/ Medical Director, reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and is the primary source in strategic product and program design, strategic partnerships for product innovation, product revenue, and federal government grant-related programs. The vice president serves as the medical director offering expertise and clinical insights and is responsible for leading the execution of strategic priorities related to programs and education, including Continuing Medical Education (CME) and developing, refining and executing the requisite work plans. The vice president supervises the College’s CME and MOC programs according to the standards and regulations set by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM). Finally, this position serves as a member of the executive team and assists the Chief Executive Officer in the strategic direction and performance of the College.
Position Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction and expert oversight to ensure the quality of deliverables of preventive medicine products, lifestyle medicine / public health through ACPM’s grants and programs.
- Lead the development, management, and scaling of new products and education courses.
- Advance ACPM’s strategic initiatives and potential business lines to increase non-dues revenues.
- Oversee educational program design and work with different committees and/or task force to
design, develop, and implement high-quality educational programs, products and white papers.
- Oversee the development of evaluation tools and the creation of reports to assess the effectiveness of the educational activities, identify trends and explore new opportunities.
- Develop, maintain, update and improve the association’s Maintenance of Certification (MOC) tools and processes so physicians going through recertification can successfully meet and complete all requirements to remain certified.
- Oversee the collection, review and dissemination of completed ACPM MOC practice performance applications and tools.
- Oversee the strategic development, implementation and operations of all federal government grant-funded programs.
- Review all aspects of specific grant/cooperative agreement projects and activities, including work plan development and implementation, project reports and budgets to ensure adherence to federal requirements.
- Interface with CDC officials, build new CDC CIO relationships, and act as a point of contact on all projects related to the existing Cooperative Agreement.
- Oversee continued funding for existing programs through continuation applications.
- Represent the Preventive Medicine constituency both internally and externally, seeking out and identifying new, diverse, and innovative partnerships and funding opportunities in public health, clinical care, and population health to develop products to advance non-dues revenues.
- Staff the Science and Translation Committee ensuring topical papers, evidence-based statements, and relevant materials are developed in a timely manner to advance the ACPM mission.
- Enhance and oversee ACPM’s internal performance measurement, quality improvement, and reporting processes to ensure effective grants management.
- Attract, develop, coach and retain a high performance team of full time employees and consultants. Provide leadership in the development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, supporting staff and cultivating a culture of empowerment and accountability.
- Contribute to the overall success of ACPM by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Director, Programs and Grants
- CME Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional acumen and experience leading and working in a high-performing team.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with staff, consultants, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of government grants process; ability to provide direction and ensure compliance.
- Experience in managing multiple grant mechanisms including proposal development and management as well as cultivation.
- Ability to plan budgets and set priorities to ensure milestones and deliverables are submitted on time and in budget.
- Business acumen to plan, develop and negotiate revenue shared approaches and different business models to advance non-dues revenues.
- Knowledge and understanding of ACCME and ACGME requirements.
- Experience teaching undergraduate, graduate or continuing medical education.
- Strong command of preventive medicine.
- Experience in managing multiple priorities, flexibility, strategic planning, business development, proposal writing, product ideation, and business innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree and Board Certification in Preventive Medicine preferred.
- Minimum of 10-12 years’ of applicable experience and 8+ years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in managing public health projects or initiatives, with a preference for work in a local, state or federal public health agency.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com