Poplar Springs Hospital is a 183 bed acute care and residential facility. For more than 30 years Poplar Springs Hospital has been guided by its mission of helping those who need the full continuum of behavioral health services. Our facility offers behavioral and psychological treatment for adults and adolescents through our acute programs, adolescent residential programs, as well as programs for active duty military. Poplar Springs Hospital is located in Petersburg, Virginia, 20 minutes south of Richmond and 50 minutes north of North Carolina. Situated on 25 acres, our serene, nature-like setting offers our patients a sense of calm and peace. We offer families hope through a nurturing environment for adults and adolescents to flourish in their environment.
Much more online at: https://poplarsprings.com/
We have a new opening for a Utilization Coordinator. The Utilization Coordinator will provide ongoing support and enhance the quality of patient care, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness by serving as a liaison between the physician, treatment team members and reimbursement agents to assure that treatment resources, goals, progress and related issues are effectively communicated and documented. Assures patients are being treated at the appropriate level of care based on established severity of illness and intensity of acuity. Participates in hospital reimbursement programs including appeal of denied services.
- Facilitates communication regarding patient treatment process and needs with referral sources and payers
- Schedules and facilitates treatment team reviews and documentation
- Ensures coordinated, effective patient care including admission, continued stays, and discharge requirements
- Ensures positive relationships with external and internal customers
- Ensures continued availability (recertification) of financial resources throughout the patient's stay
- Other duties as assigned based on the needs of the facility
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- Retention Bonus Program (if applicable)
- Loan Forgiveness Program (if applicable)
As one of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues totaled over $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, UHS ranked #281 on the Fortune 500 and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S. Largest Public Companies. With its headquarters in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please contact Tina Spiers, Human Resource Manager at 804-862-6318 or send your resume to [email protected]
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Registered Nurse, Master's Level Social Worker or Counselor
- Two year's work experience in an inpatient psychiatric and/or chemical dependency setting
- Two year's work experience in the treatment/treatment planning process desired
- Must be at least 21 years
- Must have patience, tact, and a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm
- Good communication skills; must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Basic clerical skills, basic experience with office equipment
- Experience with Mircosoft Office Software
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to problem solve and accept feedback when circumstances warrant such actions
- Willingness to interact with patients with varying levels of cognitive functioning
- Travel may be required
- Ability to work minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively present information to groups
- Ability and willingness to work professionally in a team with other personnel, patients, families, etc.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the mentally ill, disabled, emotionally upset, varying age populations, and at times, hostile people within the hospital
- Must maintain high levels of personal integrity and willingness to be flexible with work schedule to meet hospital needs
- Must maintain a safe environment at all times
- May work beyond normal scheduled hours, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- May be subject to callback during emergency conditions (i.e. severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.)
- Must have normal auditory processing. 50% of time, incumbent is seated and talking on the phone or using a computer. May require a valid Driver's License
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skill-set and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.