Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
- The Medical Director of Utilization Management is responsible for the evaluation of all outpatient referrals and inpatient direct admissions for medical appropriateness.
- He or she will utilize Interqual reviews as provided by Corizon Health’s utilization management nurses along with Corizon Health’s standard medical guidelines to determine whether a request will be approved as an offsite encounter or if an alternate treatment plan should be employed; alsotaking severity of illness, acuity and risk of mortality into account in making such determinations.
Experience & Requirements
- US Residency completion required, and Board Certification preferred
- Five (5) years of progressively related work experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented and a collaborative mindset
- Requires broad clinical knowledge with good clinical background, analytical and decision making skills
- Knowledge of health care delivery system
- Knowledge of utilization management, InterQual, DRGs
- Active licenses in multiple state contracts where services are provided
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, free online Continuing Education program, and Comprehensive onboarding.
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.