Telemedicine Physician Job Description
We are looking to hire a compassionate and experienced telemedicine physician to provide remote medical care to patients via audio and video calls as well as written communications. The telemedicine physician’s responsibilities include monitoring prescription medication usage, performing prescription renewals, and referring patients to other physicians or health care specialists as needed. You should also be able to address patients' concerns regarding the use of telemedicine services.
To be successful as a telemedicine physician, you should be detail-oriented and able to communicate with patients effectively through various virtual communication channels. Ultimately, an exceptional telemedicine physician should keep abreast of the latest developments in the healthcare industry as well as demonstrate sound medical knowledge and excellent analytical skills.
Telemedicine Physician Responsibilities:
- Discussing and reviewing patients' medical history, symptoms, allergies, and current medications.
- Asking patients situation-specific questions to formulate accurate diagnoses.
- Formulating suitable treatment plans to address non-threatening conditions, such as common colds, cases of flu, ear infections, urinary tract infections, allergies, and rashes.
- Prescribing various diagnostic tests to aid in providing accurate diagnoses.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results and explaining them to patients.
- Prescribing suitable medications to patients and providing proper dosage and administration instructions.
- Maintaining accurate records of patient's contact details, medical history, prescribed medications, allergies, diagnoses, and progress.
- Advising patients on suitable diets and exercise regimens to improve their overall health.
- Assisting patients in managing chronic health conditions.
Tele-medicine Physician Requirements:
- Doctor of medicine (MD) or doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) degree or Primary care physician (PCP).
- License to practice medicine, and a willingness to obtain additional state medical licenses.
- Board-certified in family or internal medicine or a related field.
- Proven experience working as a Tele-medicine physician.
- Sound medical knowledge.
- The ability to consult with patients through virtual communication channels.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A patient and compassionate disposition.