This position is with Preventive Medicine Services at Fort Wainwright, AK.
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service. Student Loan repayment may be authorized.
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- Serve as the Chief of the Department of Public Health.
- Supervise health care delivery personnel assigned to the Department of Public Health. Assign work, develop performance standards, evaluate performance of assigned personnel and identify developmental and training needs of staff.
- Oversee the planning, resourcing, coordination and execution of the Department of Public Health prevention programs and strategies.
- Coordinate and integrate Army Public Health Nursing, health promotion, environmental health, disease surveillance and other public health and occupational health activities across the installation.
- Provide routine preventive services, acute and chronic medical care for problems within the scope of the Public Health and Occupational Medicine practices.
- Perform physical examinations, occupational health exams, assessments, fitness-for-duty evaluations and conduct work site hazard evaluations.
US Citizenship required
Board Certified in Preventive Medicine
Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.