Altera Digital Health
Altera, a new member of the N. Harris Computer Corporation family, delivers health IT solutions that support caregivers around the world. These include the Sunrise™, Paragon®, Altera TouchWorks®, Altera Opal, STAR™, HealthQuest™ and dbMotion™ solutions. At the intersection of technology and the human experience, Altera Digital Health is driving a new era of healthcare, in which innovation and expertise can elevate care delivery and inspire healthier communities across the globe. A new age in healthcare technology has just begun.
- Fully understands the product delivery life cycle and monitors documentation progress within it.
- Plans, writes, edits, and performs other tasks to develop a wide range of concise documentation about complex topics with the highest possible quality. Content is directed at healthcare providers, patients, administrators, practice staff, and associated individuals/teams.
- Develops a wide range of guides for end users and administrators, including but not limited to feature guides, configuration guides, integration guides, interface documentation, and release notes. Applies all required standards and styles to documentation including copyrights and trademarks.
- Follows best practices for documentation user experience and quality assurance and finds ways to incorporate those practices throughout the department.
- Gathers information through various avenues such as research, interviewing, application testing, training, and product team meetings to develop accurate and complete product documentation. Facilitates documentation walkthrough meetings with solution leaders, product owners, implementation consultants, and scrum team members to gain a thorough understanding of the documentation needs.
- Keeps the release coordinator informed of progress or serves a release coordinator and manages projects to completion.
- Uses the issue tracking system as required to organize and record documentation tasks. Monitors defect tracking for documentation defects; responds promptly to correct or reassign issues and report the outcome.
- Has an intricate understanding of the features of the product(s). Understands the overall features of the product and has advanced comprehension of the application(s) to which they are assigned, including the relationship to other applications.
- Participates in and/or facilitates writing team committees and task forces.
- Mentors and trains less experienced writers in technical communication skills.
- Prepares special reports and knowledge shares from time to time.
- Shows leadership skills by working as a team lead, project lead, or a recognized resource in a technical documentation capacity.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following disciplines: Technical Communication, English, Journalism, Instructional Design.
- MA/MS degree in one of the following disciplines: Technical Communication, English, Journalism, Instructional Design OR Technical Communication certification offered by an educational institution.
- 6 to 10 years of full-time technical writing in a software development environment, preferably in the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, or Medical industry.
- Brilliant command of the English language, communicating clearly and precisely in various written formats and in conversations. Writing skills such that work does not require editorial review.
- Understanding of US healthcare vocabulary and associated healthcare regulations, such as HIPAA, HHS, CMS, FDA, Medicare, Medicaid, state regulated bodies, etc, is preferred. Familiarity with US healthcare is required.
- Experience with content management systems such as Ixiasoft Classic CMS/DRM and version control. In addition, the successful candidate will possess a passion for exploring and utilizing new and innovative toolsets, research, and technologies to enhance their work and stay ahead of industry trends.
- Structured authoring tools such oXygen with knowledge of markup languages (XML with DITA standard strongly preferred).
- SDLC understanding with Agile methodology familiarity preferred.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, and time management skills.
- Ability to proactively identify potential issues/risks, consider solutions, and raise risks in a timely manner.