Are you passionate about science, medicine and education? Are you energized by collaborative work? Do you have 1-3+ years’ experience in medical writing from MedComm agency, freelance, or Pharmaceutical/CRO setting? Will consider candidates with more experience. Writing test is part of the application process.
Want to work virtually for growing boutique MedComm agency? This position will start as 40 hours/week contract position to transition to full time virtual employment after 3 months of successful engagement.
Candidate will develop scientific/medical content (promotional and non-promotional) over a broad range of therapeutic areas (neuro, psych, infectious disease, dermatology, ophthalmology, cardio, immunology, oncology) including: promotional slide kits, advisory board materials, educational materials, MSL training decks, literature search reports, etc.
Client values candidates with unrelenting attention to detail. Agency is non-hierarchical and values open dialogue. No drama. Is committed to continuing education & training. Excellent benefits.
Ideal candidate is based in the U.S. with valid working papers.
- Take detailed notes during calls, conferences, workshops, etc
- Create promotional slide kits, advisory board materials, educational materials, MSL training decks, literature search reports, etc.
- Work well with pharma clients with high level of engagement
- Collaborate with team members including account staff, designer and VP
- Help bring products to market
- Breakdown of time:
- 60-75%+ Create deliverables via PowerPoint, write for clients, take notes on client calls
- 25-40% client facing activities, get training on diseases, business development support
- 1-3+ years’ experience in medical writing in a medical communications agency, pharmaceutical/CRO setting. Will consider candidates with more experience.
- Advanced/terminal life sciences degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, etc) ideal but open to all levels of education (bachelor’s degree at minimum). Agency especially appreciates candidates with PharmD backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Science, Medicine and Education
- Unrelenting attention to detail and to continuing education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Readiness and willingness to collaborate
- Prowess for PowerPoint presentations
- Thorough knowledge of drug development & commercialization process
- Ideal candidate is a team player; can wear many hats; is nimble; has a positive attitude; enjoys working for a small agency; takes advantage of opportunities to keep learning & growing.
- Interpret/analyze scientific/medical articles, journals, and data to transform into content digestible for various audiences
- Take ownership and pride in everything you do
- Be flexible
- Adapt to demands of challenging projects
- Stay self-motivated & have strong timeline management skills
- Work independently when needed
- Complete professional projects using Microsoft Office
Forward your resume and writing samples (including PowerPoint slides) along with answers to the questions from this link https://lhazan.com/qa/ to Falguni Shah at Falguni@lhazan.com. Please refer to Senior Virtual Medical Writer in the header.