Sage Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role that serves as the primary SAGE external medical expert in a defined region, providing advanced subject matter expertise in disease and product education as well as facilitating external collaboration opportunities aligning with SAGE's mission.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Consistently collects, reports, and represents clinical insights and perspectives received from external stakeholders to inform understanding of unmet medical needs.
- Establish oneself as a reliable, trusted, resource of accurate, up-to-date, medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by healthcare providers.
- Builds and maintains technical and clinical expertise in related disease areas to engage in deep scientific discussions.
- Support and coordinate ongoing clinical trial execution at study sites as directed by internal clinical development medical directors
- Engages in continuous learning to maintain scientific expertise
- Promptly responds to inquiries with approved Information which may include reprints or posters, medical letters, literature citations, access to internal and external experts, slides, and other related material.
- Assist in medical affairs projects with a regional/national scope by sharing responsibility including alignment on goals with internal colleagues, exhibiting a problem-solving approach, assessment, and coordination of resources, management of timelines, budgets, and vendors, conducting debriefing, and recommending process improvements.
- Provides medical expertise in the creation, review, and approval of external resources, communication tools, and publications to ensure medical accuracy, objectivity, and fair-balance
- Facilitates access to educational grant request process and alignment of incoming Investigator-initiated research with internal areas of scientific interest
- Effectively manages administrative activities
- The Senior MSL responsibilities entail not only scientific and customer expertise, but also requires the ability to understand and effectively utilize approved resources to fulfill administrative, procedural, and legal requirements in order to address the customer needs. These activities may include proficiency in computer skills and database entry, continual compliance of all procedural requirements of the role (i.e. good documentation practices, standards, and procedures,) and appropriate utilization and best practice sharing of available resources.
- Supports ongoing mentoring of peers through consistent role modeling of Sage’s Core Values
- Represent Sage at various scientific and clinical congress meetings
Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs, and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way, both verbally and in written formats, and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- PharmD, M.D., DO, Ph.D., RN with 5+ years of relevant experience in psychiatry/neurology/women’s health with relevant clinical, scientific and/or industry medical affairs experience in psychiatry/neurology/women’s health
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time (following Covid-guidelines)
- Must possess excellent communication skills, relationship-building capabilities, and proven ability to influence decision-making without authority.
- Must be highly perceptive, socially intelligent, and intuitive
- Ability to manage many complex projects in parallel, structuring the actions of many people toward share outcomes
- Highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual with the flexibility and creativity to excel in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Ability to flexibly tailor effective communication to multiple social styles
- History of consistently and systematically collaborating with internal stakeholders to plan approaches to bring meaningful value to healthcare providers
- Able to perceive non-obvious opportunities by connecting the dots between existing knowledge, new data, and HCP unmet needs in real-time
- Must embrace Sage’s core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun