At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About the Role
The Health & Safety Senior Manager will report to the USC Head of Building Operations. You will be highly experienced in multisite Health and Safety management frameworks with a people focused, holistic and innovative risk management mindset. You will provide WeWork with strategic leadership for all Health and Safety matters and lead on the implementation of Global and Regional Health and Safety initiatives in USC. You will be an ambassador of Health and Safety responding to our business’ unique challenges with an approach that balances an uncompromised search for Health and Safety excellence with a commercial and innovative approach.
The Health & Safety Senior Manager will work alongside and influence other company stakeholders (facilities, people, risk, legal, construction, design, security, etc) to ensure a world class Health and Safety culture is present in all of the company’s activities, locations and decisions. You will Interface with external consultancies as well as governmental agencies to determine applicable local standards and reporting requirements.
The Senior Health and Safety Manager will travel as needed within the region.
- Be the subject matter expert for Health and Safety, driving and facilitating H&S compliance and H&S corporate governance through the business.
- Promote other cross functional initiatives that foster a world class Health and Safety culture and standards.
- Ensure Global WeWork’s Health and Safety standards and initiatives are absorbed and implemented in the Regional business operations in a way that ensures compliance to all applicable H&S legal requirements.
- Lead on the implementation and monitoring of Health and Safety training programs that empower our Community Teams to become Health and Safety and emergency leaders. (Including but not limited to Occupational H&S, Fire Safety and First Aid).
- Execute robust and mature monitoring, auditing and reporting processes on Health and Safety performance, training and compliance. (Including but not limited to accident analysis, training completion, legal compliance, regulatory enforcement and other H&S indicators).
- Ensure WeWork’s Emergency Action Plans are aligned with H&S legal requirements and implemented in all locations.
- Oversee the H&S incident reporting systems, detecting trends and ensuring that thorough investigations take place when required.
- Manage OSHA incident reporting requirements maintaining up to date logs and reports.
- Work closely with the Facilities Teams and Third party FM providers to ensure robust facilities maintenance regimes are in place to adequately control risks such as fire, legionella, electricity, lifts etc.
- Maintain relationships (when applicable) with third party vendors to support our service and project needs.
Experience and Requirements
- 5-7 years practical experience in the creation, implementation and monitoring of Health and Safety.
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Proven experience in Development and Training.
- Ability to work with a large, diverse group of employees and suppliers.
- Ability to meet goals in a changing environment and under pressure.
- Self-starter – able to identify and execute work that needs to be done with minimal direction.
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills.
- Proficiency in technical applications including Slack, Corrigo, Salesforce and Power BI.
- Ability to solve practical problems using reasoning skills.
- Strong experience of Health and Safety governance, risk management and reporting.
- Ability to initiate and maintain extensive contacts with professionals and officials of other organizations and companies.
- Ability to inspire and engage as part of behavioral based safety initiatives.
- Experience in change management.
- Strong influencing skills at all levels.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability and experience to develop and implement training material.
- Experience managing large scale projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders.
- Financial accountability and skills.
- Innovation (expected to find innovative ways to drive the health and safety culture across the Region).
- Technology (will be expected to embrace/implement the latest. tech systems to help support the health and safety function).
- Proficient in the following programs: all things Google, MS Office, Slack.
- Experience in Crisis and Business Continuity Management Plans.
- Experience creating or managing H&S management systems based on OHSAS18001 and/or ISO 45001 international standards.
- Experience in Facilities Management.
- Experience in Food Safety HACCP management systems.