Account Manager over a large health system who owns the P&L and account. The role focuses on both front-line People management and leading as an account manager at designated sites. The Sr Manager of Health Information is responsible for client/customer service and serves as a knowledge expert for the HIS staff. This role may also assist leadership with planning, developing, and implementing departmental or regional projects. This role provides support to the VPO. The Sr Manager of Health Information will also assist in the new hire process, meeting with clients, and developing staff at multiple sites.
The primary accountabilities below are intended to describe this position's general content and requirements and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. The area manager may perform all or some of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the area manager's performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents’ immediate or manager.
- Responsible for P&L
- Primary Account manager to Customer
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Maintain confidentiality and security with all privileged information.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, responding to changing priorities and role needs
- Maintain working knowledge of Company and facility software
- Train associates in the Health Information Operations Supervisor
- Generates reports for manager or facility as directed
- Participates in project teams and committees to advance operational strategies and initiatives as needed
- Mentor HIS staff for further professional development
- Inform senior leadership of issues, opportunities, or challenges
- Assist throughout the region with training and/or coverage as needed
- Assist with Quality Assurance tasks as directed by management
- Maintain overall workflow
- Assist with escalated situations
- Lead meetings with HIMDs
- Responsible for Corrective Action Plans and development of staff
- Update Standard Operating Procedures at sites Quarterly
- Handle various tasks as directed by VPO
- Participate in recruiting/hiring activities
- Acting as mentor and key point of contact for supervisors and managers if applicable
- Lead Quality Assurance efforts
- Manage time tracking within time tracking and payroll approval system
- Handle the above tasks between multiple sites
- Acts in a lead role with staff regarding general questions, new hire training, and developmental training.
- Leads training sessions for timely staff development
- Available to staff for questions and training. Develop workflow.
- Knowledge expert for HIS staff and acts on behalf of VPO as needed
A minimum of a four-year degree in business or related field preferred
• A High School Diploma or GED is required
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Minimum of 2 years of management experience in a healthcare environment preferred
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Driving record and Proof of Insurance that is acceptable per the company’s driver policy
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to travel at least 60% of the time
Working conditions & physical demands
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and frequently sit throughout an eight-hour period and reach horizontally and vertically for overhead use. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift 20 lbs., perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions. Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities. Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time to multiple sites based on the needs of the region. Possible overnight stays and last-minute coverage.
To ensure the safety of patients and staff, many of our clients require post-offer health screenings and proof and/or completion of various vaccinations such as the flu shot, Tdap, COVID-19, etc. Any requests to be exempted from these requirements will be reviewed by Ciox Human Resources and determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the state in which you will be working, exemptions may be available on the basis of disability, medical contraindications to the vaccine or any of its components, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, and/or religion.
For remote work, this position requires that you provide a high-speed internet connection, subject to applicable expense reimbursement requirements (if any), and a work environment free from distractions.
With very limited exceptions (medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prohibit you from getting the vaccine), one of the requirements for this job is that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
*Except for states where legally prohibited to enforce mandates.