Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) is seeking a talented and highly motivated biologist to join our Oncology Research group. Our collaborative and interdisciplinary research team utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies to advance medicines into the clinic. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the discovery, research, and development of oncology therapeutics that may include immunotherapeutic agents and/or antibody-drug conjugates (ADC) to address unmet medical needs of cancer patients. S/he will have opportunities for career growth through acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced and resource-rich environment
- With high scientific rigor, conduct and interpret key experiments for the discovery and pre-clinical evaluation of drug candidates.
- Work with senior personnel to define relevant experimental strategies.
- Independently optimize and troubleshoot moderately complex experiments.
- Maintain a cutting-edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge and apply these where possible to improve assay performance.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participate in multidisciplinary drug discovery teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Present regular research updates to senior staff and project teams to deliver key data needed to inform decision-making.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- 7+ years of experience with BS degree or 5+ years with MS degree in a related scientific discipline. A work history demonstrating direct participation in biopharmaceutical drug discovery is highly preferred.
- A broad range of technical skills in experimental cancer biology, biochemical and immunological techniques (e.g., cell proliferation/survival, ELISA, flow cytometry, western blot, CRISPR).
- Knowledge and expertise in the development therapeutic antibodies and/or ADCs is preferred.
- Experience with mining cancer genomic databases (e.g., TCGA, DepMAP, GDSC).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with basic data analysis programs (e.g., Excel, Graphpad Prism, Flow Jo).
- Motivated, independent, and able to think critically.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player with ability to integrate into a high-paced multidisciplinary environment.