Staff Development Coordinator Duties:
· Provides educational programs to Trinity Regional Medical Center staff to meet needs as determined by job descriptions, employee and department needs, management requests, new equipment, and the result of performance appraisals.
· Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates staff development, orientation, and competency assessment needs for Trinity Regional Medical Center and UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge
· Develops course objectives and maintains course outlines and appropriate records.
· Recruits and evaluates instructional personnel.
· Maintains strong relationships and open communication lines with area services, health facilities, and agencies served by the Health Education Center.
· Maintains appropriate records and initiates and processes all forms necessary to function and meet national, state, and local regulations and requirements.
· Contributes to the annual budget process of the Health Education Center and operates within the budget's constraints.
· Promotes and supports the Health Education Center and its growth in all settings.
· Exhibits flexibility and openness to changes as a result of the continual evaluation of the Health Education Center.
· Prepares funding proposals, program records, and reports. Authorizes payroll of part-time instructors and assigned staff.
· Identifies, assigns, and supervises the orientation, staff development, and evaluation of part-time instructors and assigned staff in accordance with the parent organization's employment procedure.
· Continually assesses staff development, orientation, and competency assessment programs to identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
· Acts as consultant to senior and department managers of UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge.
· Assists in monitoring the delivery of programs.
· Coordinates patient care provider orientation to include providing formal classroom orientation.
· Coordinates with the managers the mechanism used for assessing staff competency.
· Works with Human Resources manager to assist in coordination of Human Resources educational needs.
· Coordinates education and projects related to improving customer service.
· Prepares report of education activities.
· Organizes and serves on task forces/committees and provides leadership in accordance with parent organizations guidelines.
· Organizes and facilitates new employee orientation.
· Coordinates training and implementation of house-wide new equipment to organization.
· Efficient in setup and operations of AV equipment
· Coordinates preceptor program
· Coordinates mentor program
· Oversee Iowa Central Community College health care students-verfiy current immunization/background records, completion of orientation to facility, and request Epic access.
· Standard leader for Pathway to Excellence-coordinate/write document to meet element standards
· Coordinates applicant documents and assists IGNITE council with Caring for Our Future scholarship
• Communicates facilities request for classes, CE programs, curriculums, meetings with NetLearning Administrator
• Assists in management of users-activate learners, reset passwords, run reports, transcripts
• Manages students and contracted users in system
• Manages/educates NetManagers
• Troubleshoot staff questions/problems within system
• Record classes and meetings
• Assign/delete classes and courses
• Document manager for nursing and HEC policies and procedures- coordinates ongoing review of policies and procedures
• Document administrator for nursing policies and procedures-facilitates monthly review and upload to sharepoint site
• Assist in management of TRMC sharepoint site-upload new documents, build/manage document managers and approvers, move documents to under review, troubleshoot problems.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position. Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position. Education:
Bachelor's Degree Nursing
5 years clinical experience Management or Healthcare related IT systems experience with responsibilities in area of project management. License(s)/Certification(s):
Iowa License – Registered Nurse
Must achieve Epic Credentialed Trainer status within 4-6 months of hire for assigned Epic modules.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Analytical, accountable, collaborative, effective communication-written & verbal, flexible, maintain good Interpersonal skills, leadership skills, manages priorities, planning and organizing skills, professional, and works effectively as a team member.
Adaptability, Technical aptitude – ability to learn new systems quickly, knowledgeable in the use of the electronic health record, experience with healthcare IT applications, effective use of Microsoft Office Professional products
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle or rental