The Researcher Senior- Health Economics and Outcomes Research is responsible for health economics and outcomes research activities, primarily claims-based, for external Carelon Research clients.
Roles and Responsibilites
- Supports research activities for Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) in the following areas: protocol development including research design and methodology development, analytical oversight and execution, and development of final study reports including associated publications.
- Collaborates with project managers to support research functions to bring high quality deliverables (such as protocols and reports), presentations, and other milestones to fruition.
- Utilizes industry-standard methodologies and techniques related to the analysis of health economic and outcomes data, especially in a claims environment.
- Performs key leadership functions related to research project execution with minimal oversight.
- Identifies, educates, and serves as a reference to other team members.
- Leads and/or supports scientific aspects of research activities as Principal Investigator in research designs, methodologies, analytical techniques, and reporting.
- Uses subject matter expertise in leading or supporting the development of protocols, statistical analysis plans, review of statistical output, reports, and publications.
- Manages relationship with Carelon Research clients, communicates scientific decisions, and presents key study insights to the client and other external stakeholders.
- Requires a MS, MPH or PharmD in epidemiology or health sciences or related field; minimum 3 years of experience in health service research, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences
- Experience in a claims-based research environment strongly preferred.
- Ph.D. strongly preferred.
- Postgraduate or post-doctoral training or relevant experience in conducting health research strongly preferred.
- Managed care, PBM, pharmaceutical, or related sector experience strongly preferred.
- Research experience or subject matter expertise in a key therapeutic area, especially diabetes or immunology strongly preferred.