Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Research Coordinator at the Rutgers Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research.
The Herbert and Jacqueline Krieger Klein Alzheimer’s Research Center is seeking a bachelor’s or master’s level clinical research coordinator. The primary role of the job will be coordination of several research projects and assistance to the key personnel on those projects.
- Conducting human subjects research using appropriate research or interview techniques, including conducting informed consent processes, screening participants, completing comprehensive neuropsychological assessments and evaluations for patients experiencing cognitive decline, dementia, or other neurological conditions.
- Maintaining research study records, subject files, and databases, including providing overall study monitoring and protocol compliance per GCP guidelines, HIPAA, IRB and institutional and sponsor guidelines.
- Attending continuing education and compliance training as necessary.
- Conducting literature reviews to support grant proposal development.
- Preparing and shipping clinical specimens as required by the protocol.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three (3) years of experience in similar activities in scientific research, or a Master’s Degree plus two (2) years experience as indicated.
- Additional related experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interest and enthusiasm in helping achieve successful implementation of the new Cohort and contributing to cutting-edge science.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including knowledge of proper business writing style and format.
- Experience with MS Office suite and other standard office software.
- Experience with Web conferencing programs such as Zoom, Adobe Connect Pro, and WebEx.
- Experience with collaborative documents and programs such as GoogleDocs.
- Cultural and language competency and/or experience working with one or more of the underserved communities of NJ.
- Relevant experience in an administrative function in a college or university setting.