Under close direction of senior research staff, conducts activities to support research projects, primarily the Greater Houston Area Pediatric Bipolar Registry (GHAPBR). This study aims to follow offspring and children affected by Bipolar Disorder for several years, assessing symptoms and biological samples over time. This is a fully onsite position.
Position Key Accountabilities
- Under close supervision, conducts research activities according to research protocol. Research activities may include some or all of the following: patient recruiting and screening, traditional laboratory experiments and activities, informatics, field interviewer recruiting, screening and training and/or animal laboratories.
- May maintain clean laboratory equipment and/or work area to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Collects, evaluates, and interprets research data to provide needed information to principal investigators and other researchers. Updates notebooks, records, and databases as needed.
- Stays abreast of new and updated protocols for research department.
- Orders laboratory and/or other supplies as directed by senior research staff.
- As needed, may coordinate the work of laboratory technicians and assistants to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results.
- Complies with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulations, and codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of research fields. Able or willing to learn phlebotomy.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.