1. Graduate of an accredited university with a Doctorate, MS, MA, BS, BA or Associates degree in Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapy.
2. Holds current license and/or registration in the state (as applicable).
1. All job responsibilities already outlined in the discipline specific job description.
2. Adhere to productivity requirements re: patient care/treatment and management time allocation outlined by Tender Touch.
3. Act as a team leader/mentor to all members of the rehab team.
4. Ensure proper identification of patients’ payor source.
5. Ensure appropriate authorization for patients with various payor sources.
6. For Med A patients:
a. Set treatment schedules as recommended by therapists
b. Coordinate minutes between disciplines
c. Review treatment minutes daily to ensure proper RUGS categorization/utilization.
d. Monitor variance, and adjust rehab schedule to meet category guidelines
e. Ensure that appropriate rehab sections on the MDS including P&T are filled out in a timely manner.
f. Attend UR meetings on a consistent basis
g. Ensure proper ramping up and down of categories to meet resident needs
h. Organize group treatment as recommended by evaluating therapist
7. Ensure proper HCPCS codes utilization.
8. Attend care plan meetings as indicated by facility and regional manager.
9. Ensure clinical programs of all disciplines are running smoothly.
10. Assist in developing and implementing new programs as needed.
11. Ensure screening policies are operating and compliant.
12. Ensure documentation is completed and filed in a timely manner and that chart audits are completed.
13. Ensure MD orders are obtained as needed.
14. Ensure evaluations and treatments are done in a timely manner.
15. Act as a representative for the rehabilitation department to communicate with the facility and members of the interdisciplinary team.
16. Serve as a liaison between the rehab department and the regional manager.
17. Sign and verify accuracy of all time sheets and calculate statistics for all disciplines.
18. Sign time off requests.
19. Arrange for treatment coverage during therapists’ absence by rearranging schedule, contacting other facilities or calling the office when necessary
20. Monitor problems within the rehab department and contact regional manager at least weekly.
21. Attend meetings required by the facility and approved by the regional manager.
22. Ensure rehab staff compliance to all Tender Touch Rehab’s policies and procedures.
23. Review all logs and billing at months end for accuracy and submission in a timely manner.
24. Ensure claims on review are submitted accurately and in a timely manner.
25. Monitor staff’s performance and report such to regional manager.
26. Perform other duties assigned by regional manager.
27. Attend periodic supervisor meetings in the Tender Touch office.
28. Be available to travel to facilities within reasonable distance when requested by Tender Touch.
29. Acts as a compliance liaison to the Compliance Officer and Compliance Committee and is responsible for periodic risk assessments.
Employee should be able to transfer patients, lift weights, transport patients and perform treatment on the mat. Employee should be knowledgeable in and exercise good body mechanics during patient treatment.