As a Regional Medical Director, you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships and impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote practice and patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. This role will inflect and implement Aledade’s programs and technologies and learn what really “moves the needle” in terms of delivering quality health outcomes while reducing overall cost for the assigned ACOs. This role requires demonstrated excellence in creating “buy-in” with internal and external stakeholders to promote and affect change in the way healthcare is delivered.
We are looking for individuals who genuinely believe that Aledade’s model of physician-led ACO's can improve quality and lower cost. As a Regional Medical Director you will support multiple Mid-West states, expected to travel into market (post pandemic) and work remote/from home office within the Mid-West area.
- The Regional Medical Director sits at the forefront of clinical engagement in each ACO that serves, driving clinical results within each Aledade partner practice.
- Engage and motivate physicians and practices to achieve meaningful quality improvements and reduce health care utilization.
- Conduct clinical calls to foster relationships with physicians and staff, identify and disseminate best practices, dig into clinical workflows, troubleshoot challenging individual patients and brainstorm solutions.
- Provide coaching, skill building and mentorship to Aledade primary care practices to optimize management of patients in their care.
- Participate in ACO Board Meetings.
- Assess areas of greatest opportunity with ACO practices and identify areas for potential changes, enhancements, or new programs.
- Coach and mentor local Medical Directors to expand influence, meet weekly (virtually) with each local Medical Director in your regions to troubleshoot practice problems and issues and provide strategic direction and support.
- Promote value-based clinical strategy by supporting Aledade products and lending clinical perspective to strategy discussions, including selection and prioritization of Aledade-wide initiatives.
- Collaborate with our field, tech, and product team to optimize initiatives and drive improvements across the ACOs.
- Spread best practices and sponsor provider collaboration.
- Work closely with ACO teams to develop intervention plans and review KPIs.
- Collaborate across Aledade’s network of Medical Directors to share achievements and seek counsel.
- Assist in building strategic partnerships.
- As Aledade’s clinical champions, promote customer satisfaction within assigned ACOs.
- Assist with regional recruitment of top practices for ACO expansion.
- Stay at the forefront of value-based care to gain new ideas.
- You must be population health minded physicians who are board certified in primary care (family medicine, general internal medicine, geriatric medicine, general pediatrics, combined internal medicine/peds).
- You must be empathetic yet bold, unafraid to pursue the North Star and skilled at bringing others along.
- You are comfortable with periodic travel to Aledade offices and ACO sites.
- You have direct clinical experience, with consideration given to quality improvement activities, participation in cost containment initiatives and other population health experiences.
- Your relevant competencies include clinical program development and improvement, analytical problem solving, project management, effective written and verbal communication, and ability to positively influence others.
- You are results-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate activities to consistently meet deadlines and expectations.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on key goals.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, and a 2020 Inno on Fire by DC Inno.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
10 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Weekly catered lunches
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.