Healthstat is a leading provider of onsite primary care, health risk intervention, chronic condition management and occupational medical care services in employer facilities. Through onsite health & wellness centers, preventative care, wellness programs and comprehensive reporting, Healthstat alleviates a corporation’s rising cost of healthcare by improving the health of its employees and dependents. Healthstat currently manages more than 300 clinics nationwide serving over 200,000 participants. Healthstat’s professional providers aid employees with reaching personal health improvement goals. Our positions offer a unique opportunity to be directly involved with improving employee health with a singular commitment to wellness. At Healthstat, healthy is more than a goal, it's a habit.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the health centers;
- Works in tandem with Operations Director to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients;
- Participate in the development of annual health center goals and objectives;
- Maintain electronic medical records;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls;
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice;
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the health center environment; uses effective medical and performance management processes.
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account;
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence-based data;
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to health center staff;
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of Healthstat and client company;
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the health center;
- Ensure the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the health center;
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of all personnel to ensure quality and fit of candidates;
- Teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers;
- Oversee and provides evidence-based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care;
- Oversee ERT and disaster planning.
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships;
- Perform annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Operations Director.
- Perform Supervising Physician role for any providers at the Health Centers licensed in the same state.
- Other duties as assigned, as well as other projects, as required to address specific medical needs.
Health Risk Assessment Services
- Maintain an awareness of any current occupational health risks by conducting periodic walk-through surveys of all areas of the plant/facility (suggested minimum – bi-annually), observing jobs, processes, equipment, work practices environmental conditions and assessing hazardous substance utilization/production.
- Be familiar with specific jobs in the plant, their physical requirements, and their potential for creating injury to the employee.
- Have an understanding of, and compliance with, OSHA, NIOSH and the Company’s Environmental Health &Safety Guidelines.
- Have an awareness of and promote the Company’s health promotional activities and Employee Assistance Program.
External Professional Community Relationships
- As required, pro-actively communicate with outside physicians to ensure their understanding of the types of work client company does and the importance the Company attaches to encouraging employees to return to work as soon as they are mentally and physically able.
- Maintain good community relations by establishing liaison with city and/or state health authorities and community agencies on matters of industrial hygiene/occupational health and preventive health importance to the plant/facility, as necessary.
- Understand the concepts of and participate in the reporting of incident recording, incidence rate, severity rate, and lost time accidents; and be familiar with the concerns of management around these.
- Manage the follow-up of complicated Workers Compensation and Disability Benefit case review, and in general, be pro-active in employee absence control.
- Participate in bi-weekly case management meetings with medical oversight team.
- Make presentations to periodic safety and health promotion meetings as appropriate.
- Meet with the plant leadership and/or business team(s) on a regular basis to enhance knowledge of technological changes/advances.
- Minimum educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS.
- 5 years minimum experience in Occupational Medicine, with a minimum of 2 years of Medical Director or similar leadership experience.
- Proven track record for improving workforce health and safety.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive teams.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the Medical Center is located.
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification.
- Willing to travel to health center locations.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) certification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, age, marital status, or handicap.