Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are frail, elderly and ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
Our model is finding success throughout the country; we are now the nation’s largest risk-based, in-home medical group.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health and other employed team members.
Responsible for providing the means, structure, and environment to most effectively and efficaciously utilize the resources that are available to ensure that all enrolled members have access to appropriate medical care, and are provided with opportunities for health promotion and health maintenance as an administration of their individual Health Plan benefits in conjunction with additional community resources identified as meeting member care needs.
- Assumes oversight responsibility for all components of medical management.
- Assumes responsibility for the administration of all medical activities.
- Oversees and participates in the development, documentation, implementation, and interpretation of local medical policies and procedures.
- Clinical leader for oversight and support of all Care Management activities
- Leadership of the Interdisciplinary Care Team Meetings (ICT)
- Oversees provider education, in-service training and provider orientation.
- Participate in Medical Director Conferences.
- Remain current in the knowledge of geriatrics, utilization management, quality management, managed care principals and new clinical developments and technologies.
- Interact with local attending physicians on application of the Landmark Health model and issues regarding medical practice.
- Support the program within the community and assist in the development of local business opportunities for furthering the cause of the program.
- As the community representative, assist Landmark Health in providing quality medical care and interact with colleagues, families and patients in a professional manner.
- Resolve conflicts between physicians and among physicians, members, and Landmark Health personnel.
- Meet/confer periodically via telephone or in person, with the Program Director, VP of Medical Services and other Landmark Health management regarding local issues including patient care plans and authorizations for service.
- Provide Primary Care Physician Services to members in the event that the member’s PCP is unavailable.
- Maintain HIPAA compliancy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Medical Doctor currently licensed to practice without restriction in the state of practice, and has met or exceeded all the credentialing requirements of a provider within the provider panel. Current in the knowledge of geriatrics, utilization management, quality management, managed care principals and new clinical developments and technologies. Access to reliable transportation to conduct patient visits required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy.
Must be board certified at the time of hire or able to obtain board certification during the eligible timeframe (5 years following completion of residency or other training).
In order to work with potentially vulnerable patient populations and to keep employees healthy while caring for patients, all patient-facing employees of Landmark must provide evidence of the following required immunizations/vaccinations as a condition of employment: TB, MMR, Tdap, and Influenza. Declinations may be accommodated based on your medical history, an allergy or religious beliefs. Please immediately contact HR if you wish to apply for an exemption from our vaccination requirements so that we may determine if you qualify for an accommodation.