Functioning within Van Wert Health’s mission, values, objectives, policies and procedures, the Quality and Informatics Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing a nursing/clinical team to develop and execute and subsequent monitoring of quality initiatives and reporting as defined by Van Wert Health Quality Assurance Committee the Van Wert Health Physician Group Quality Committee. Will ensure clinical staff competencies, and clinical education for accreditation and compliance in practices. Assists with EPIC support to all end users.
Develops an understanding of EPIC application functionality, reporting capabilities, interfacing and integration associated with clinical applications assigned. The person will assist with IHIS (EPIC) implementation and functions as a Classroom Training Specialist who can also answer questions for a group of users working with end users needing assistance after training is completed. Holds pre-live readiness sessions. Leads personalization/optimization sessions for end users. Troubleshoots end user and system issues. Will provide go-live support. Facilitates ongoing communication and provides support for enhancement and upgrades.
Provides guidance for clinical staff; communicates and models mission and values of Van Wert Health.
1) Registered Nurse licensed and in good standing in the State of Ohio.
2) Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
3) 2 years of prior clinical experience in an ambulatory care setting preferred.
4) Must be able to effectively interpret and apply various accreditation standards to the environment of care within the practices.
5) Experience in education/staff development and/or a clinical area, or a combination of both preferred
6) Extensive knowledge of adult learning principles and demonstrated experience in their use when developing training plans preferred
7) Strong project and process management skills; ability to manage complex projects with a medium to large scope
8) Knowledge and experience with hospital and information systems and business practices preferred
9) BLS required