About this position
A Licensed Psychologist generates and integrates scientific and professional knowledge and skills to improve the health status of customers. The LP promotes health to individuals, families and groups and works with individuals at all developmental levels using a wide range of assessment and intervention methods to promote mental health and to alleviate discomfort and maladjustment. The LP collaborates with other health professionals to build a more complete understanding of the customer’s needs and preferences in order to improve health outcomes. In addition, the LP provides individual and group psychotherapy and program facilitation within the PHP/IOP contexts. In collaboration with the leadership team, the LP supports and guides the clinical model for the clinic.
What we’ll expect from you
• Independently conducts initial and follow-up psychological evaluations of all customers referred for psychological services. Independently plans, organizes, implements and documents psychological interventions based on the results of psychological evaluations and in conjunction with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Complete all necessary documentation to include diagnostic assessments, psychotherapy notes, treatment plans, care coordination, discharge summaries and any other related documentation
• Provide individual and group psychotherapy for outpatient, adult population. Use established therapeutic approaches to meet a variety of mental health needs
• Facilitate group psychotherapy within the IOP/PHP contexts to possibly include process groups, psychoeducation, therapeutic skills. Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
• Coordinate care, as necessary, with other professionals involved in customer care.
• Administers, interprets and documents psychological testing of customers, as determined necessary and appropriate, based on the psychological assessment.
• Provides consultation and in-service training to staff on behavioral/psychological management of customers.
• Assists the Clinical Director of Psychological Services, Psychology Lead, and/or Director of Training to develop a student practicum and/or internship program with area colleges and universities and provides direct supervision to students. Participates in the Psychology Training Committee.
• Participates in the development, implementation and revision of departmental policies and procedures, meeting established guidelines and time frames
• Provide direction of others as needed: Student Interns, provides clinical supervision to practicum students, pre-doctoral psychology interns, post-doctoral fellows, and LPC level clinicians pursuing their LPCC independent licensure.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Blaze Health’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer/team member privacy and only accesses customer/team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology or related field of psychology with licensure as a Licensed Psychologist from the Minnesota State Board of Psychology required.
• Graduated from an APA accredited university and clinical internship.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• At least one (1) year of post-doctoral experience in providing direct clinical services in psychology, counseling, or other related health services field; new licensees considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of evidenced based practices for outpatient populations.
• In depth knowledge of counseling theory and practice.
• Must understand the impact of culture and individual difference within varied populations.
• Demonstrated skills in developing and maintaining therapeutic relationships.
• Ability to administer, supervise, consult on and interpret psychological and cognitive tests.
• Ability to supervise and train psychology interns and practicum students.
• Demonstrated skills and competency in consultation and staff training.
• Demonstrates collaborative relationships with all members of the organization
• Demonstrated skills in leadership and administration.
• Demonstrates knowledge of research methodology and its influence on clinical practice.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to adult patient population. Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development through the life span, possess ability to assess data reflective of the customer’s status, and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each customer’s needs in relation to age and to provide the care needed as described in the department’s policies and procedures.
Current Licensed Psychologist from the Minnesota State Board of Psychology. - State Requirement