Seeking a PRN Medical Director to serve as a fill-in physician for an outpatient addiction medicine clinic in Birmingham, Alabama. This individual provides patient care, medical evaluation, establishes dosing levels, and consultation with mental health staff. The Medical Director provides health care services directly to patients.
The Medical Director will be needed to work shifts running form 5 AM to 10:30 AM that will be scheduled as needed based on the availability of other clinic physicians. (Weekdays only; no weekends.) Frequency of shifts will vary, but is estimated to be about 1 to 4 shifts per month.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess, diagnose, and treat patients with opioid use disorder.
- Assistance as needed with development of clinical policies, procedures and training
- Assistance as needed with completion of Federal, state, county and other regulatory applications, permits, licensure, inspections, etc.
- Participation in Federal & state opiate/substance abuse trainings, education programs, etc, as needed
- Inputs clinical findings in the patient charts and electronic medical records
- Performs (and documents) chart reviews of all subordinate physician extenders
- Participates in meetings, teleconferences, etc. as needed
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others
- Must be present during scheduled working hours at the office for in person patient encounters
- Participates in performance improvement process and accreditation process
- Continually reviews and enhances medical policies, procedures and protocols
- Current Alabama state license & DEA license
- Knowledge and compliance with HIPAA policy and procedures
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations, in addition to the standards required by JCAHO/CARF/COA, Board of Health, and OSHA, CSAT and the State Authority