ECG is a national management consulting firm working exclusively in the healthcare industry. At ECG, our primary emphasis is on quality—in our people and our services. When you work at ECG, we empower you to be your best. We hire you for your ability, integrity, and education, and then we assign you challenging projects and help you grow professionally.
Our Performance Transformation division has expertise in assessing, improving, and sustaining operational performance that helps drive physician groups, ambulatory networks, and health systems towards higher performance. Our team of operations, finance, and IT experts collaborate in designing, building, and implementing solutions that enhance performance.
A Principal position at ECG is a significant leadership position in the firm and stepping stone to shareholder status. A Principal is on the path to becoming or has emerged as an industry thought leader capable of managing and selling complex engagements with superior client relationship management skills. The role of a Principal at ECG includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Participate in people development.
- Collaborate in the continued growth and development of the Performance Transformation division.
- Lead engagements and be the primary point of contact for the client.
- Manage multiple engagements and project teams.
- Contribute to firm growth by identifying and pursuing follow-on and new business opportunities.
- Play an integral role in the recruitment and development of staff consultants.
- Develop and deliver thought leadership on a national stage.
- Be a leader in the firm and contribute to the firm’s culture and success.
- Participate in firm and practice management.
- Market and sell 2+ million in consulting revenue.
- Outstanding drive, determination, and desire to be part of a growing elite level consulting firm
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the healthcare sector
- 15+ years of experience consulting to healthcare providers serving hospital systems, academic medical centers, Children’s hospitals, or physicians groups
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems, directing and managing individuals, and completing challenging projects
- Track record of managing multiple engagements, including work plans, deliverables, budgets and schedules, and accounts receivable
- Demonstrated record of achievement in selling and managing engagements
- Viewed as a thought leader through marketing activities such as networking with potential clients, participating in professional societies, and publishing and presenting thought leadership (white papers, speeches, and articles)
- Demonstrated focus on staff development, coaching, and retention, with a refined ability to provide constructive and timely feedback
- Master’s degree in business administration and/or a health-related field; bachelor’s degree in business or a health-related field preferred
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to travel 80%
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain deep client relationships
ECG is a strategic consulting firm that is leading healthcare forward, using the knowledge and expertise built over the course of more than 4 decades to help clients see clearly where healthcare is going and to navigate toward success. We work as trusted, professional partners with hospitals, health systems, medical groups, and academic medical centers across the country. We thrive on delivering smart counsel and pragmatic solutions to the critical challenges facing healthcare providers. Client success is our primary objective. ECG’s national presence includes offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C.
Our employees are driven, innovative, and passionate and our company culture is supportive and collaborative, with a defined career path to help you succeed in a meritocratic environment. We offer an attractive compensation package, challenging and rewarding work, and a stellar reputation. To begin the recruitment process, please submit your resume and cover letter via the Careers page of our website at http://www.ecgmc.com.
ECG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ECG does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of any characteristic or activity that is legally protected, including race; ancestry; creed; color; religion; national origin; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; families with children; familial status; sex; genetic information; marital status; sexual orientation, gender expression, or gender identity; political ideology; age; honorably discharged veteran or military status; sensory, physical, or mental impairment; or other legally protected characteristics or activities. We participate in eVerify as part of our on-boarding process.
Job LocationAtlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington DC, United States