Texas A&M University Health Science Center
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to serve as a member of the laboratory team in the Center for Epigenetics and Disease Prevention. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring their research experience to the position. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
- Flow cytometry analysis on cells - Involved in the hematopoietic and embryonic stem cell culture differentiation and phenotype analysis, design, perform and flow cytometry and histological analysis.
- Molecular work - Studies will be conducted using the standard techniques appropriate for biochemical, genetic, cellular, and animal model systems as they relate to important questions in developmental epigenetics and metabolism. Investigate utilizing a wide range of experimental procedures carried out at the in vivo, as well as the in vitro level, including co-IP, ChIP, PCR, Q-PCR, Western analysis, fluorescence microscopy, and tissue culture.
- Rodent work - Conduct and monitor breeding of animals. Participate in breeding and genotyping of mice. Monitor and record mice morbidity. Collect organs for H&E, molecular, and immunohistochemical work. Administer drugs/compounds to study animals via intra-oral, intra-venous and intra-peritoneal routes.
- Collaborations & presentations - Participate in weekly lab meetings within the center and with other internal and external departments. Participate in joint projects involving faculty, postdoctoral fellows, students and technicians. Provide assistance to graduate students and junior lab personnel. Assist with research grant proposals and provide publishable reports for conference and journal presentations. This will include library research into new approaches, the preparation of tables, graphs, photographs and figures, and assist in manuscripts and grant proposals, all with the highest ethical standards and levels of rigor and reproducibility.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to perform all tasks and job responsibilities safety without injury to self and others, in compliance with Texas A&M System and TAMHSC guidelines.
- Must be literate in the English language and be able to comprehend and follow effectively both written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to do independent translational research in an area related to epigenetics.
- Appropriate doctoral degree.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical related area.
- Experience with cell biology, molecular biology, or related biomedical science.
- Experience with animal models, tissue culture and molecular biology.
- Demonstrated ability to perform next generation sequencing library preparation and data analysis.
- Experience in performing histology, molecular biology work, including flow cytometry analysis, DNA/RNA isolation, western blot, Chromatin IP, DNA/RNA IP, and immunofluorescent imaging.