Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow for the department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology within the School of Public Health. The Post-Doctoral Fellow will work under the direct supervision of Dr. Stephanie Shiau, Assistant Professor in the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology to analyze Medicare claims data with the goal of improving health outcomes for older adults with HIV.
- Manage databases, develop analytical plans, and carry out statistical analysis for manuscripts, reports and presentations using SAS.
- Lead, draft, and publish papers, including first-authored papers, in peer-reviewed journals using Medicare claims data and other related datasets.
- Give oral presentations to disseminate research findings.
- Contribute to grant applications based on the research conducted, as applicable and interested.
- Collaborate on and support analyses and manuscripts being led by other members of the research group.
- Provide mentorship to students/trainees in the research group.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in Epidemiology or related quantitative discipline, including but not limited to Biostatistics, Statistics, Demography, Health Services Research, or Health Outcomes/Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research.
- Experience with longitudinal data analysis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent data management and analysis skills.
- Proficiency in SAS and comfort working with large data sets and claims-based data (or enthusiasm to learn).
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and execute projects independently and efficiently, with attention to detail.