Hi, we're Oscar Medical Group. We’re hiring a Telemedicine Physician to join our team.
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, and impossibly complicated. We want to change that starting with care that is accessible, high quality, and personal. We believe that great virtual care means partnering with patients on their healthcare journeys, while helping them navigate the larger healthcare system.
As part of our mission to change healthcare, Oscar offers all members access to free, unlimited telehealth services. That’s where you come in. We work with a dedicated group of telemedicine providers who provide virtual services exclusively for Oscar members. Our telemedicine features integrate with our members’ care management resources to promote seamless care coordination.
What is the position?
We are looking for virtual care physicians who are adept at providing telemedicine services and are always looking to explore new ways we can provide virtual care.
As an Oscar Medical Group provider, you’ll have the opportunity to re-imagine how we diagnose, treat and follow up with members virtually. You love engaging patients and thinking through new ways to do so.
You will work remotely, and work hand in hand with our team of full time Medical Directors to provide exceptional patient care.
- Provide top notch medical care virtually (both by phone and message)
- Assist Advanced Practitioners in escalated cases
- Provide care in alignment with Oscar Medical Group guidelines, practices and policies
- Provide feedback into ways we can improve our virtual care offerings, internal workflows and pilots
- Acting as a thought leader for virtual care
- Board-certification in outpatient Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school
- Availability to work at least 20 hours per week
- 4 hours per weekday between 9am EST - 5 PM EST
- License to practice medicine in Tennessee, Georgia, or Missouri
- Willing to get licensed in additional states
- First and foremost, are passionate about delivering medical care
- Fluent in Spanish
- Telemedicine experience
- Able to treat pediatric patients
- Excited to practice medicine in unconventional ways
- Can conceptualize offering primary care and other care options virtually
- Are technologically savvy and excited about how technology can change how we deliver care
- Interest in other areas of Oscar care delivery (such as: Risk Adjustment, HEDIS, Complex Case Management, population health)
- Licensed in: North Carolina, Kansas, Illinois, Oregon, Connecticut, Virginia, Pennsylvania
- Want to practice in a team-based setting where other clinical and non-clinical team members collaborate to make decisions and care for patients
- Get excited about setting up new systems and thinking outside the box
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at [email protected] to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.