Under general direction of the Medical Director, performs general medical examinations on all patients served on the Mental Health (MH) units. Provides diagnostic and treatment services; provides facility-side consultation in family practice to all medical staff working in the MH units; provides in-service training to other staff; serves as an intermediary and advocate for patients during inter-facility transfer consultations, treatment and outpatient care. Serves as Physician on Call.
- Within the Mental Health (MH) units, performs general medical examinations on all patients served on the MH units.
- Makes daily rounds within the MH units evaluating patients’ progress and treatment and effectiveness of prescribed medications.
- Serves as an intermediary and advocate for patients during inter-facility transfer consultations, treatment, and outpatient care.
- Serves as Physician on Call.
- Provides facility-side consultation in family practice to medical staff.
- Serves as an active member on committees to provide expertise in the areas of treatment, development, etc.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
Requires an Illinois license to practice medicine and American Board Certification in family practice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilites
- Requires ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats.