Med-Scribe, Inc. is a healthcare staffing service recruiting top-notch employees all throughout New York State for over 30 years!
We are partnered with a large multi-national company dedicated to strengthening communities and improving the lives of those they serve by facilitating connections to government health and human services.
We are in search of experienced clinicians to join a growing UAS Home Care Project for an upcoming opportunity. In this role, you will be responsible for independent review and evaluation of UAS reassessments for appropriateness of long-term care services for consumers, in accordance with Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
Additional duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Making recommendations on consumer assessments for long term care services and support.
- Conducting telehealth assessments on complex cases.
- Utilizing clinical competencies to determine, confirm, and validate the assessment outcomes.
- Working collaboratively to monitor and address clinical quality and gaps in care.
- Documenting all notes and decisions into the medical portal
- Participating in performance, improvement and quality assurance activities and related meetings
- Participating in and maintains integrity of the appeals process.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Medical Director.
This position is remote! Candidates must reside within New York State.
2+ years of practicing experience as a licensed Physician required. Board certification in primary care or related field such as Gerontology, General Medicine/Family Practice, Cardiology, Neurology, Endocrinology, Pulmonology, Adult Health, Community Health, or Psychiatry. Prior experience working with the adult/ geriatric population is preferred. Previous experience in managed care, utilization review, and complex case management is also highly preferred. Must have computer literacy with ability to navigate technology and perform telehealth assessments. Must possess highly developed written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a stressful and changing environment, and proven ability to work with community groups.