EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
POSITION SUMMARY: Successful candidate will advocate for EBSCO’s clinical decision support (CDS) products in the North American healthcare market. They will establish and maintain effective working relationships with key opinion leaders in the healthcare market, EBSCO prospects and clients, and the Sales team. The person is responsible for helping meet revenue goals for our CDS products. They will also acquire market insights and give feedback to our product management team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
BUSINESS/ SALES DEVELOPEMENT AND MARKETING
- Strengthen the relationship between EBSCO CDS products and physicians/health systems; enhances brand in Provider and Payer segments.
- Build relationships with physicians, CMOs, and other health care leaders within defined domain to identify and expand new markets and increase sales within existing markets by better addressing customer needs and pain points.
- Identify sales opportunities based on strategic conversations with CMO / physician decision makers to drive revenue growth with both new and existing accounts.
- Assist Sales Executives during the sales process with improving credibility with CMO / physician decision makers at customers, resulting in improved closing rates
- Planning – participate in Sales and discovery planning meetings and on-site presentations/demonstrations.
- Assist Customer Success team with physician engagement (physician advisor/medical director/hospitalist/attending, etc.) regarding the value of using EBSCO CDS solutions
- Capture and funnel customer insights gleaned from discussions with physicians / health systems to Product Management and other internal stakeholder to support the improvement of current EBSCO solutions and development of new solutions to address gaps in the market
- Serve as the voice of the customer, sales insights and industry insights to the Product Management team through formal presentations and informal collaborations.
- Ability to travel 40-50%
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience
- Experience using Up-To-Date
- Has been involved in transforming care delivery and sales calls in the healthcare arena
- Familiarity with evidence-based medicine and critical appraisal techniques
- Strong writing skills and presentation skills
- Ability to work with a variety of software tools/applications
- Must be located in the territory and easily accessible to a major airport. Territory: CT, MA, ME, MI, NH, RI, VT, DE, MD, PA, NY & NJ
Education or Training: Current MD or DO license required.
Other research, academic/administrative, business/consulting, or payer experience, or an advanced degree (MPH, MBA, or similar) is a plus.
ABMS Board Certification required (preferably in one or more of the following: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Practice, General Surgery).
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. It is only with diverse thoughts and ideas that we'll be able to create the change we want in healthcare. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be for it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.