Staff Physicians for UHC, provide primary health care that includes health education, preventative care, along with diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures.
To participate in the planning and management of health services of the United Health Centers as deemed by the Associate Medical Director and/or Chief Medical Officer. This is to include participation in review of the quality care being rendered at UHC, the development of health care protocols and procedures, and the participation in the development of policy making with the Medical Department.
Works closely with the Associate Medical Director, Clinic Manager and other members of the clinic management team to:
- Provides medical services in a health clinic setting and is responsible for providing medical care to UHC patients and the general public.
- Diagnose diseases, conditions, and illnesses of patients presenting at UHC.
- He or she needs to review x-ray and laboratory findings.
- It will be the duty to prescribe the appropriate type of medicine and treatment.
- Responsible for referring patients for special types of diagnostic treatments or medical procedures and coordinates plans for treatments.
- Provides medical consultation to prevention, treatment, care and diagnosis of health conditions and problems.
- May supervise mid-level practitioners, staff nurses and other support staff.
- Responsibility to keep and prepare accurate medical charting and records using electronic medical records system.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation compliance with health programs and insurances.
- The basic degree required is the graduation from accredited university or school with a MD/DO degree.
- Possess a valid CA Medical License
- Possess a current DEA Certification
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Board Certified (or Board Eligible)
- 2 years + experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in an ambulatory care setting.
- Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with patients and providers of differing backgrounds; team player
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Customer-service oriented
- Intermediate to Strong computer skills
- Positive professional insight
- Flexibility and dependability
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills; sound judgment
- Effective leadership/supervisory skills
- Modern office practices and procedures including email
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and push up to 50 pounds (on wheels).
- Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to patients and staff.
- Ability to keyboard. Typing or otherwise working with fingers for long periods of time. Not with hand or whole arm.
- Is expected to remain on their feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area?
- Is expected to walk for long periods of time between exam rooms.
- Must be able to read memos, computer screens, personnel forms and clinical and administrative documents.
- Must have high manual dexterity.
- Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, twist/turn