Family Medicine Associate Program Director, Philadelphia, PA
The Einstein Healthcare Network (EHN) is starting a new family medicine residency program at its main North Philadelphia campus. The program is seeking an individual with energy and enthusiasm to train the next generation of family medicine physicians in the role of associate program director. The associate program director will actively engage with the program director to develop curriculum, educational activities and recruit students to join the program. This residency will focus on not only providing outstanding training to those desiring to become family medicine physicians but also on meeting the institution’s mission – “with humanity, humility, and honor, to heal by providing exceptionally intelligent and responsive healthcare and education for as many as we can reach.”
The Einstein Healthcare Network is comprised of three hospitals, MossRehab, and primary care practices in both Philadelphia and in Montgomery County. The system has provided compassionate, high-quality healthcare to anyone in need since 1866. Beginning in the late 1800s with what was described as a remarkable and forward-thinking creed: to provide medical care to "the sick and wounded without regard to creed, color or nationality" remains true today. With more than 570 employed specialty and primary care physicians, Einstein is able to provide the full spectrum of service to the surrounding community, from primary through quaternary care. The main campus’ primary service area is North Philadelphia whose population has significant medical needs and other challenges. Einstein is known for its mission of commitment to the community and has gained a reputation for excellence, compassion, and innovation. EHN is the largest independent academic training center in Philadelphia. We train over 450 residents and fellows annually in more than 35 accredited programs. Being part of Einstein allows everyone to make a difference every day.
- MD, DO from an Accredited US Medical School or Foreign Equivalent
- Completion of an ACGME accredited Family Medicine Residency
- li>Board Certified in Family MedicinePA licensure or ability to obtain
- DEA with full prescriptive authority
- Experience in GME leadership preferred
- Commitment to providing high quality, evidence-based patient care
- Commitment to teaching residents and train the Family Medicine physicians of tomorrow
- Demonstrated administrative and scholarly activity
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Participate in the administration and development of the residency program
- Develop curricula and educational activities
- Teach didactics
- Mentor residents in pursuit of scholarly activities
- Serve as an advisor and role model
- Serve on important committees for the training program
- Provide clinical supervision of residents in inpatient/outpatient settings
- Practice comprehensive Family Medicine
Philadelphia is a vibrant and diverse city with a vast amount of culture and history. With Washington D.C. and New York in close proximity, Philadelphia is an affordable city in the Northeastern United States. Philadelphia offers world-class educational institutions, medical facilities, museums, entertainment, sports venues, and restaurants.
Einstein Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.