Our clients health system is seeking a highly skilled Physician Advisor to provide clinical guidance and expertise in a variety of areas, including utilization management, quality improvement, and clinical documentation improvement. As the Physician Advisor, you will be responsible for working with hospital leadership and medical staff to optimize clinical and financial outcomes.
- Collaborate with hospital leadership and medical staff to improve patient outcomes and optimize utilization of resources.
- Review medical records to ensure accuracy and completeness of clinical documentation, and provide education and feedback to physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Assist in developing and implementing evidence-based clinical protocols and pathways.
- Work with the healthcare team to promote appropriate utilization of resources, including length of stay, level of care, and ancillary services.
- Provide physician-to-physician consultation as needed to support the clinical decision-making process.
- Participate in performance improvement initiatives and provide data-driven recommendations to improve outcomes and reduce costs.
- Stay current on emerging trends and developments in healthcare, including regulatory requirements and reimbursement policies.
- Active, unrestricted medical license in the state of Florida.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in a hospital setting.
- Family and Internal Med experience is a plus!.
- Experience in utilization management, quality improvement, and/or clinical documentation improvement preferred.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school.
- Board certification in a relevant specialty.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret and evaluate complex medical information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with healthcare providers at all levels.
- Experience with Utilization Review and Care Management within a Hospital setting.
- Familiarity with healthcare regulations, accreditation standards, and reimbursement policies.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.