MedSchoolCoach is a rapidly growing EdTech company that serves the needs of future physicians by providing the highest quality content, software, and one-to-one tutoring, and advising services. Physician-led and founded, MedSchoolCoach is driven by its mission to help shape the future of medicine. Over time, the organization has become one of the largest players in the medical space, reaching nearly 50% of prospective medical students every year through one of our products or services.
Working for MedSchoolCoach
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, educators, tutors, advisors, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At MedSchoolCoach, we value problem solvers who take initiative, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally. We welcome all employee contributions in whatever shape or form they manifest, especially as our organization continues to grow.
We currently work with over a thousand pre-medical students each year to help them become successful applicants to medical school. As physicians, we know how difficult the process of applying to medical school can be and we use our experience and expertise to guide them through the entire application. If you love mentoring students, this could be a perfect opportunity for you. We are especially interested in physicians who are retired and want to stay active with medical education or those who are no longer practicing clinical medicine full time and can devote 20+ hours a week to our students.
- Work directly with pre-medical applicants who are applying to medical school
- Work one-on-one with the student through advising sessions, personal statement and essay editing, medical school list creation, and interview preparation (the interaction with clients is virtual, via email, video conferencing and telephone)
- MD or DO physician
- Highly available to students (20+ hours per week)
- Previous medical school admissions experience
- Previous mentorship of students/residents
- Knowledge of the medical school admissions process
- Ability to use Microsoft word, Zoom, Gmail and mobile applications for communication
- Retired and part time clinical-practicing physicians highly encouraged to apply
This is a part-time, contract role. For compensation, we use a Relative Value Unit (RVU) based system. MedSchoolCoach allocates a specific amount of RVUs to each service and package, determining the amounts based on the anticipated hours a physician advisor will need to complete the work. RVUs roughly translates into hours worked. physician advisors can expect to earn approximately $75-$90 per RVU. Bonuses and raises will be given for years of service and exceptional work.