Serves as member of the system Utilization Management Council, collaborating closely with case management and finance departments from across the system to identify opportunities, develop methods, and implement solutions to optimize use of hospital and system resources in order to optimize quality of care and financial sustainability. In this capacity, the Physician Advisor works closely with hospital and medical departmental leadership, front line medical staff, including attending physician staff, house staff, advanced practice providers as well as hospital staff across all areas of resource management, case management, social services and discharge planning, to support the development and implementation of protocols, initiatives and training programs to optimize level of care, length of stay, supporting documentation, regulatory compliance, hospital coding, and denial management.
This role will involve 50% clinical work as a Hospitalist, 50% Physician Advisor
This position reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Active, unrestricted NYS license, or the ability to obtain one
- Possess at least three years of clinical experience as a attending physician in Hospital Medicine
- Possess a solid foundation, knowledge and/or experience in utilization and quality management
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
Visa candidates are considered