When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will evaluate organizational compliance with The Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (TJC) standards and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). You will also assess medical staff performance and structure for efficiencies.
- Document accreditation/regulatory compliance deficiencies and strategies for compliance.
- Provide educational presentations on accreditation topics to various member venues.
- Participate in internal quality assurance reviews, performance improvement tracking, trending, analysis and action planning.
- Provide strategic planning and recommendations related to post accreditation survey activities.
- Function as a customer service liaison with our members and peers.
- MD or DO required.
- 7 or more years relevant experience required.
- 3 or more years experience successfully directing health system/hospital medical staff accreditation activities.
- CMS CoP regulatory requirements and TJC accreditation standards experience preferred.
- Accreditation organization or CMS surveyor experience preferred.
- Subject matter expert in the standards of The Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations.
- Experience educating staff and public speaking.
- Experience creating educational PowerPoint presentations preferred.
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the year to meet clients’ needs and timetables.