The Preclinical In Vivo Pharmacology Team at Vertex is seeking to hire a Senior Research Associate with experience in designing and executing focused preclinical projects to support the development of CRISPR-Cas9 based gene-editing therapies. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist with various in vitro/in vivo studies and work closely with other scientists and research associates to evaluate, develop and advance lead assets for therapeutic programs. The ideal candidate should possess a high level of passion, drive, and determination, display resourcefulness and proactivity in their work, and have the ability to follow established protocols and troubleshoot results to achieve project goals in a timely manner.
- Assisting with scientific and technical aspects of gene-editing gene therapy discovery programs to impact novel drug candidates' development.
- Following and establishing protocols to conduct in vitro studies to evaluate novel gene-editing tools and candidate therapeutic assets.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and presenting scientific data in matrixed team settings.
- Maintaining awareness of scientific and technical advancements in the field and contributing to literature-based assessment of novel therapeutic concepts.
- Interfacing with an interdisciplinary team of scientists at Vertex and engaging in both disease understanding and supporting established programs in the portfolio.
- Strictly adhering to laboratory notebook records and safety policies.
- Supporting the prioritization of studies, management of multiple projects, and complex workflow.
- Proficiency in working with rodent models of disease, at IP, IV, SC injections, cardiac puncture, blood collection (tail nick, SM), necropsy, and tissue harvesting.
- Experience in working with various in vitro molecular biology techniques, cell culture, and next-generation sequencing (NGS) is a plus.
- A solid understanding of fundamental molecular biology and pharmacology principles.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- A Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of industry experience or Master's degree with 0+ years of industry experience in Genetics, Molecular Biology, or related disciplines.
- Experience in CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, in vivo techniques and next-generation sequencing is preferred.
- A track record of scientific achievements through publications, presentations, or equivalent industry accomplishments is a plus.