The Outreach Marketing Specialist promotes routine and esoteric clinical and anatomic reference laboratory testing services to community providers that are available from the Department of Pathology in order to achieve profitable sales (forecasts) projections and increase market share in the defined service area. This job coordinates key functions including the management of specimen procurement, transportation logistics and informatics of account set up and reporting processes. This job also provides competitive feedback to administration related to turn around time needs, provides input on pricing strategies, and assists in the preparation of bids and proposals.
- Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for Hire
Certified as a Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) by the National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or equivalent ASCP Specialty or Categorical certification.
- Valid Virginia Driver's License and an acceptable driving record required
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for continued employment
- Current MT(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) or CLS(NCA) or equivalent ASCP Specialty or Categorical certification.
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical laboratory or medical sales experience
- Five (5) years of clinical laboratory or medical sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a biological science or Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical or Medical Lab Science or Medical Technology (BSCLS, BSMLS, BSMT) from an accredited program
Independent action(s) required
- Develop effective sales strategies.
- Promotes clinical laboratory testing to physician offices.
- Coordinates service functions (specimen procurement; transportation logistics; account set-up; reporting, etc.).
Additional position requirements
- May require additional work hours to reach sales objectives for the enterprise.
- Age Specific groups served: All
Physical Requirements (includes use of assistance devices as appropriate):
- Physical: Lifting less than 20 lbs. Lifting 20-50 lbs.
- Other: Exposure to biohazards and potentially infectious body fluids.
- Activities: Prolonged standing, Prolonged sitting, Frequent bending, Walking (distance), Climbing (steps, ladder, other), Reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive).
- Mental/Sensory: Strong recall, Reasoning, Problem solving, Hearing, Speak clearly, Write legibly, Reading, Logical thinking.
- Emotional: Fast pace environment, Steady pace, Able to handle multiple priorities, Frequent and intense customer interactions, Noisy environment, Able to adapt to frequent, change.