In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, EBSCO Information Services (EIS) has decided to extend its work from home policy through the end of July, with earliest date of return of August 2, 2021. When the office re-opens, EIS will transition to a hybrid work model, with partial in-office time, but continued fully remote work will also be considered.
DynaMed is a leading online evidence-based point-of-care medical reference. It is a rapidly growing, comprehensive clinical decision resource that provides the most current and useful synthesized evidence with the quickest time-to-answer.
Medical Writers drive the creation of DynaMed content as part of a highly-skilled team of methodological and clinical experts whose mission is to provide comprehensive evidence-based guidance and information at the point of care. They apply critical appraisal skills to determine the validity of medical research findings and organize that evidence in a concise manner to facilitate shortest time-to-answer for our clinical users.
DynaMed is growing and we are seeking a Medical Writer with a background or interest in infectious diseases, microbiology, immunology, epidemiology or public health. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, writing experience, and a PhD in a relevant field or a MPH or MD. Those with a relevant Master’s degree (particularly in the aforementioned fields) and significant experience will also be considered.
- Bachelors degree in biologic or biomedical sciences (e.g., molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, bacteriology) (Advanced degree preferred)
- > 2 years writing experience related to medical or scientific content (or 1 year writing experience plus advanced degree in related field or 5 years clinical experience)
- Passing score on a writing assignment assessing critical appraisal and statistical skills sufficient to analyze clinical relevance of all study types
- Knowledge of medical terminology gained from coursework or experience
- > 2 years experience with MS Office Suite including Word (with use of track changes) and Excel
- Experience with writing or otherwise producing content in a digital environment on platforms such as a company intranet or for the World Wide Web
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, such as initiative and a strong work ethic
- > 6 months of experience in training or providing constructive feedback on editorial production