The Medical Writer prepares scientific content for medical communications that satisfies client needs in terms of quality, commercial focus, timing, and cost.
- Write and edit scientific content for a range of medical communications, according to client needs, deadlines, budget, and internal quality standards, as directed by the Scientific Services Team Leader
- Contribute to account plans, strategic publication plans, and publication programs, where appropriate, by maintaining current awareness of developments in therapeutic areas or disciplines and the Springer Healthcare product portfolio.
- Monitor own adherence to budget and utilization rate
- Support team working principles within the business unit, account team, and other departments and collaboration between business units by attending team and editorial meetings/tutorials
- Record and monitor actual time spent on a project against budgeted time, and complete timesheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Present to clients the results of activities, when required, e.g. publication plans, results of competitive intelligence reports, and to contribute to client brainstorming meetings.
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you.
- At least one (1) year as a writer for a medical communication agency or as an internal medical communications writer for a pharmaceutical, healthcare, clinical research, academic research, or publishing company
- Degree in Life Science or pharmacy, pharmacology or medicine (or equivalent); Ph.D., PharmD or MD
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and referencing software (ie, Endnote, Refman, etc.)
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours