NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties. Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight acute care hospitals
We are currently seeking a Medical and Scientific Writer for our Neurosurg Start Up Research department located at the Research Institute in Evanston, IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled Monday thru Friday day time hour. 40 hour work week.
In this role, you will:
- Assist with the preparation and dissemination of high quality medical education and communications materials for the benefit of NorthShore Neurological Institute (NNI) patients.
- Assist with the preparation of manuscripts for publication, including literature and web searches, drafting, preparation of tables and figures, formatting according to journal specifications, submitting for publication, tracking of review process, revising for resubmission, collection of author disclosure and copyright forms, correction of proofs, tracking of the publication process, preparation of press releases and website announcements, archiving of publications, and updating of curricula vitae.
- Assist with the preparation of posters ad PowerPoint presentations for presentation at medical and scientific meetings.
- Prepare quarterly NNI newsletters and annual reports in collaboration with PR and Marketing.
- Assist with budgets, grant writing, investigator initiated studies, IRB and IACUC submissions.