Indivior is a global specialty pharmaceutical company with a 20-year legacy of leadership in patient advocacy, health policy and evidence-based best practice models that have revolutionized modern addiction treatment. The name is a blend of the words individual and endeavor, and the tagline “Focus on you” makes the company’s commitment clear. It represents and empathizes with the often-difficult journey each individual patient takes to overcome the challenges of addiction – a chronic relapsing disease.
Indivior is dedicated to transforming addiction from a global human crisis to a recognized and treated chronic disease. The Indivior logo radiates its patient-focused, holistic focus on expanding access to quality treatment for addiction and schizophrenia worldwide. The company has a strong pipeline of products and candidates designed to both expand on its heritage in global opioid dependence and address other chronic diseases of addiction – including opioid overdose, alcohol use disorders and cocaine intoxication - as well as related mental health disorders such as schizophrenia.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the US Medical Affairs organization. MSLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders. MSLs provide medical information through scientific exchange, and clinical/scientific support for Indivior and the Medical Affairs department.
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for the following:
- Provides comprehensive, accurate, fair balanced, objective, scientifically rigorous information and appropriate product and disease state information to key experts and other Health Care Practitioners (HCPs) in compliance with all policies and procedures
- Builds and maintains external relationships with recognized experts in the therapeutic areas of Addiction and Behavioral Health
- Effectively and compliantly engages these individuals in scientific exchange
- Identifies educational, treatment, and disease state gaps and opportunities through HCP discussions and communicates insights back to the organization
- Attends scientific conferences to gather, analyze, and synthesize new scientific information relevant to the therapeutic areas and specifically to Client products
- Executes key administrative functions, including documentation of field activities, expense report submission, and other tasks as deemed business necessary
- Responds to requests to support Medical Information Unit
- Maintains scientific expertise through routine review of current relevant publications, lead/participate in team discussions and clinical exchanges, and support internal training initiatives as needed
- Knows and adheres to all compliance guidelines regarding scientific exchange and field medical interactions
- A minimum of a PharmD, MD/DO, or PhD, NP, although Nurses or Physician Assistants with Regional Medical Science Liaison (RMS) or Medical Science Liaison (MSL) experience can also be considered
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an MSL equivalent in the pharmaceutical industry
- Prior experience in research and/or with analysis of clinical research data sponsored by pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Sunshine Act reporting requirements for US HCPs
- A valid US driver's license in good standing
Travel: Up to 60% including overnight and travel by air
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the candidate will demonstrate examples of:
- Both leadership and teamwork with peers
- Ability to collaborate as a cross-functional team player and effectively interface with other internal departments, including Medical Affairs, Global Medicines Development, Medical Information, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to understand, prioritize, and respond to multiple external and internal customers’ demands
- Ability to manage conflict constructively
- Ability to work independently while assimilating to company guidelines in achieving team goals
- Ability to understand and apply Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions and company Health Care Compliance/Regulatory/Legal guidelines
- Proficiency with the utilization of computer and iPad applications, including the Microsoft Office platform (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, OneNote) and experience with CRM systems.
- Agile and flexible, willingness to work nights and weekends as needed.
Indivior is committed to providing a culture driven by guiding principles and top-tier benefits that match the importance of the work we do. The Indivior experience includes
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus floating holidays and sick leave
- Up to 2 fully paid day for Volunteer Time Off
- 401(k) - Company match of 75% on your first 6% of contributions
- U.S. Employee Stock Purchase Plan- 15% Discount
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability coverage
- Health and Dependent Care Flex Spending options
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Leverage Concierge/personal assistance services
- Voluntary benefits including Legal, Pet Insurance and Auto/Home coverage
- Gym, fitness facility and cell phone discounts
- Our Guiding Principles, Core Values and Vision provide a culture that unites and guides our employees.
Indivior’s guiding principles are the foundation for each employee’s success and growth. Each employee is expected to demonstrate understanding and adherence to our guiding principles in their everyday performance.
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are considered essential but are not limited to only those outlined. The employee may perform other functions that may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY