This position will report into the US Medical Immunology team which is a segment of the Medical Affairs Specialty Care organization.
Our Medical Affairs function serves as a valued strategic partner with Clinical, Commercial, Regulatory, and Market Access on therapeutic solutions to support patients’ needs. The US Medical Immunology team is proud to support Sanofi’s deep commitment to chasing the miracles of science to improve the lives of patients.
This position reports to the MSL Regional Director, Immunology (Non-Alliance).
Main job responsibilities
- Uses strong knowledge of relevant disease and disease management protocols, healthcare environment and competitors to articulate the medical and scientific value of our products with external stakeholders.
- Establishes robust, long-term peer relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and other stakeholder partners.
- Effectively utilizes the Scientific Engagement Model to plan territory and individual stakeholder (Key Opinion Leaders, HCPs, clinical investigators Payers) engagement interactions consistent with the Field Base Medical Activity Plan and medical function priorities.
- Critically and routinely evaluates information gained from published studies and stakeholder interactions to develop key insights that deepen our understanding of the market’s needs and opinions of external stakeholders, and therefore contribute to enhancement of medical strategy.
- Keeps abreast of medical and scientific developments in the therapeutic field to help identify and critically assess research opportunities and plays a supportive role in the execution of evidence generation plans to enhance the value of our products in a real-world setting.
- Collaborates with our Clinical Studies Unit to support clinical trials.
- Responds to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (ISS), and supports ISS submissions through appropriate internal processes.
- Organizes educational meetings or local scientific advisory boards when requested.
- Supports speaker training.
- Responds to unsolicited requests for medical information associated with supported products and disease state area.
- Strong relationship and Link between Sponsor and site staff (instead of relying on CRA).
- Clinical support and accelerate patient recruitment via scientific exchange.
- Delivery and coordination of site engagement.
- Sharing/delivery of insights back to study teams.
- Education: MD, PhD, PharmD or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
- Work Experience: Previous MSL experience in rheumatology preferred.
Skills / knowledge
- Ability to interpret key scientific data and translate this information to meet educational and research needs.
- Utilizes effective, professional communications to cultivate strong working relationships with internal partners and external stakeholders.
- Exemplary presentation skills with ability to distil complex data into a simple and impactful story.
- Demonstrates scientific expertise - stays abreast of data, treatment trends, and new information in the therapeutic area.
- Ability to translate expert feedback into appropriate insights.
- Proficiency with digital tools.