Indivior is a global specialty pharmaceutical company working to help change patients' lives by developing medicines to treat substance use disorders (SUD) and serious mental illnesses. The name is the blend of the words individual and endeavor, and the tagline “Focus on you” makes the company’s commitment clear. It represents and empathizes with the often-difficult journey each individual patient takes to overcome the challenges of addiction and mental illness.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the US Medical Affairs organization. MSLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders. MSLs provide medical information through scientific exchange, and clinical/scientific support for Indivior and the Medical Affairs department.
Roles and Responsibilities
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for the following
- Provides comprehensive, accurate, fair balanced, objective, scientifically rigorous information and appropriate product and disease state information to key experts and other Health Care Practitioners (HCPs) in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Builds and maintains external relationships with recognized experts in the therapeutic areas of Addiction Sciences, Behavioral Health, and Overdose Reversal Sciences.
- Effectively and compliantly engages these individuals in scientific exchange.
- Identifies educational, treatment, and disease state gaps and opportunities through HCP discussions and communicates insights back to the organization.
- Attends scientific conferences to gather, analyze, and synthesize new scientific information relevant to the therapeutic areas and specifically to Client products.
- Executes key administrative functions, including documentation of field activities, expense report submission, and other tasks as deemed business necessary.
- Responds to requests to support Medical Information Unit.
- Maintains scientific expertise through routine review of current relevant publications, lead/participate in team discussions and clinical exchanges, and support internal training initiatives as needed.
- Knows and adheres to all compliance guidelines regarding scientific exchange and field medical interactions.
- A minimum of a PharmD, MD/DO, or PhD, NP, although Nurses or Physician Assistants with Medical Science Liaison (MSL) experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an MSL equivalent in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior experience in research and/or with analysis of clinical research data sponsored by pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Sunshine Act reporting requirements for US HCPs.
- A valid US driver's license in good standing.
- A valid professional license in good standing.
- Travel: Up to 70% including overnight and travel by air/car.