Leveraging our advanced global technology platform and customer service experts throughout the world, we build fully scalable, configurable screening programs that meet the unique needs of over 45,000 client organizations. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA. First Advantage has offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia.EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.DESCRIPTION First Advantage Corporation is currently seeking a full and part time Medical Review Officers. The Medical Review Officer acts as a gatekeeper and advocate for the accuracy and integrity of First Advantage MRO’s drug testing review process. Communicates with donors and laboratories in order to determine if legitimate explanations exist for substance abuse test results that are confirmed to be positive, adulterated, or invalid. Downgrades or cancels drug tests under appropriate circumstances. Provides quality assurance review of the testing process based on industry knowledge and expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Interpret and report results of drug testing for Department of Transportation (DOT), federal, and non-DOT clients consistent with Federal and DOT statutes and regulations and/or First Advantage MRO’s written Standard Operating Procedures. Review documentation for possible errors, interview donors who have non-negative results over the phone, and determine if a legitimate medical explanation exists to explain a non-negative lab report.
- Provide feedback to laboratory and collection site representatives regarding performance problems, as needed. Includes auditing DOT negative Custody and Control Forms quarterly. Provide feedback to clients and tested persons on problem cases. Consult with federal agency representatives on issues. Provide information to federal agency representatives on reviewed cases. Provide expert witness testimony, as required.
- Review and sign-off on administrative documents that require MRO review, such as memorandums to correct errors, prescription faxes, and medical records.
- Work closely with the Chief MRO and MRO support personnel to safeguard the accuracy and integrity of the medical review process. Suggest improvements to processes and submit new ideas, discuss the functionality of proposed products and potential enhancements, and provide feedback on updates to procedures prior to implementation.
- Keep up to date on changes in applicable Federal and DOT laws, regulations and state laws, First Advantage's MRO manual updates, technology enhancements, and MRO practices.
- Can work remotely with FADV provided equipment. Ideal candidate would be local to the Chicago area so that they can go into the Bolingbrook office from time to time. This is not a requirement, just preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of medical training and/or practice in interpreting and evaluating drug test results
Preferred experience (inclusive of minimum):
- 1 to 3 years of experience working as an MRO
- Documented experience in providing expert witness testimony
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Osteopathy (DO)
- Current Medical Review Officer (AAMRO) certification
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States or Canada
- ABAM Certification in Addiction Medicine
- Completion of the ASAM Review Course in Addiction Medicine
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required knowledge of:
- Issues relating to adulterated, substituted, and invalid specimens
- Downgrading and cancellation of test processes
- Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines for MRO’s and applicable DOT agency regulations
- Collection processes, and laboratory practices and protocols
- Alternate medical explanations for positive drug test results
Skills (all required):
- Composure, tact, and self-control when communicating with individuals of varying education levels and professional statuses
- Excellent verbal (telephonic) and written communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude, including the ability to learn and use the internal electronic MRO system
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills