Baylor Scott & White Health
The Med Lab Scientist 2 performs and monitors a full range of laboratory testing and analysis. Assists with supervision of laboratory operations. Assumes responsibility for problem resolution, quality control, and required equipment maintenance with minimal supervision.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs laboratory tests in compliance with department procedures and all pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Follows quality control, quality assurance, safety, and infection control procedures.
- Performs instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting.
- Accurately reports test results.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all laboratory personnel, other disciplines, and external customers.
- Participates in laboratory projects and educational activities.
- Demonstrates and educates laboratory principles and technical skills to others.
- Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures.
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
- Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
EXPERIENCE - 4 Years of Experience
- ASCP-Blood Banking Technologist (ASCP-BB),
- ASCP-Chemistry Technologist (ASCP-C),
- ASCP-Hematology Technologist (ASCP-H),
- ASCP-Microbiology Technologist (ASCP-M),
- Molecular Biology Technologist (ASCP-MB),
- ASCP-Blood Banking Specialist (ASCP-SBB),
- ASCP-Chemistry Specialist (ASCP-SC),
- ASCP-Hematology Specialist (ASCP-SH),
- ASCP-Microbiology Specialist (ASCP-SM),
- Cert Histocompatibility Spec (CHS-ABHI),
- Cert Histocompatibility Techno (CHT-ABHI),
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS),
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS),
- Medical Technologist (MT): Must have one certification from one of these issuing agencies: -- American Board of Histocompatibility (ABHI)
-- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
-- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
-- American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB)
-- Grandfathered HEW Licensee.