IDSA is seeking a Medical Editor to oversee a team of associate editors and provide clinical leadership for the development of IDSA’s COVID-19 Real Time Learning Network in a way that ensures timely, relevant and accessible information for frontline medical professionals. Content should be curated with links to the best clinical resources on topics such as COVID-19 treatment, practice guidelines, diagnostics, and clinical trials data. Where needed, content should be proactively organized to guide clinicians with the input and guidance of the resource center clinician advisory group.
The purpose of the COVID-19 Real Time Learning Network is to serve as a center for sharing and collaboration, and a living repository of resources for clinician learning and best practices on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Oversee and provide clinical leadership for the development and curation of evidence-based content related to COVID-19
- Provide clinical insight and guidance on how related content should be clustered together and in what format content should best be delivered
- Manage the review of internally and externally written content, providing timely and constructive feedback to editors, writers and other contributors and amending or rewriting content as needed
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with thought leaders, investigators, and key opinion leaders, assisting in commissioning additional thought leader authors and editors, as needed
- With IDSA staff support, convene and liaise with advisory group members
- Medical degree- specialized training in infectious diseases is desirable
- Ability to successfully liaise with experts at all levels to execute responsibilities
- Excellent research skills
- Strong diplomatic and organizational skills
- Strong management skills and an ability to effectively delegate work and responsibility to others
- Availability to dedicate ample time to commit to the responsibilities required
Anticipated salary: Commensurate with background and experience
Remote contract position for 6 months
Part-time (approximately 15-20 hours per week commitment)