The Medical Director of Telehealth Services works collaboratively with other management and physician leaders to support achieving the strategic goals of Acclaim Physician Group (Acclaim) and JPS Health Network (JPS), including continuous performance improvement in individual practitioner performance, practice site performance, clinical quality, patient experience, physician and staff satisfaction, population health management, medical education, and community partnering.
The Medical Director of Telehealth Services provides cooperative on-site management and leadership of the telehealth platform. The Medical Director of Telehealth Services is responsible for the ongoing development of telehealth policies, protocols, practice guidelines, and participating in rigorous performance improvement monitoring. He/She is responsible for the continuous improvement and management of Acclaim’s telemedicine offerings.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Works closely with the Chief Clinical Officer & Chief Medical Information Officer for context, design & implementation along with Case Management, Population Health, the Chief Operating Officer, and operating teams related to process & protocols across all stakeholders.
- Oversight of scope, implementation, and education involving telemedicine delivery.
- Coordination of operations around telemedicine as a healthcare delivery tool.
- Meets regularly with technical, operational, administrative, marketing, clinical & strategic telehealth team stakeholders to improve & streamline all relevant processes.
- Responsible for the development and evaluation of the framework for value analysis of telemedicine, including utilization, cost-benefit analysis, and outcomes.
- Promotes awareness of telehealth usage/applications within the organization.
- Guidance on the potential uses of telemedicine, as well as the limitations of the technology.
- Provides education and training on the use of the telehealth platform & support services (i.e., secure messaging, teleconferencing, video chat, e-prescribing) and related features, including file transfer and storage of information into electronic medical records to all involved parties.
- Strategy for the integration of hardware to support clinical telemedicine activities.
- Continual assessment of clinical appropriateness and quality in clinical telemedicine delivery.
- Development of specific policies supporting and guiding telemedicine.
- Works with clinical leadership to utilize telemedicine to support the underserved and disabled community.
- Coordinates with company partners at origination sites on installing and configuring telehealth connections for smooth processes & care delivery.
- Keeps stakeholders informed by monitoring, interpreting & communicating telehealth rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assists all stakeholder teams with appropriate HIPAA compliance & Protected Health Information best practice implementation & maintenance.
- Prepares reports for analysis and evaluation of the program’s status, while developing & implementing action plans for appropriate changes/improvements as the platform evolves.
- Establishes him/herself as a credible, trusted, and highly collaborative clinical leader within Acclaim Physician Group and JPS Health Network through performance as a physician leader.
- Works with other departments to align Acclaim and Network goals as set by senior management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned required by the department or senior management.
Required Education and Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from an accredited school of medicine; Board Certification in field of medicine and eligibility for licensure in Texas are required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional post-residency experience in direct patient care.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in healthcare operations, healthcare-related technology, and telehealth oversight.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing telehealth utilization.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading an organization through tremendous change and integration.
- Strong project management capabilities with demonstrated ability to coordinate efforts across multiple departments.
- Knowledge of managed healthcare systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement, and risk management.
- A track record of delivering reliable operating results in mission-driven organizations, particularly those serving vulnerable and Medicaid populations.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current, unrestricted medical license to practice in the State of Texas.
- Board Certification or Board Eligible.